Chapter 26

Me and Ben rush to the office, leaving everyone in the TV room to talk amongst themselves. I can't say that I'm shocked at Will for building an army with our enemies, but I am shocked at how many people he's killing or changing.

Vampires in our world are nasty. They kill to survive, they can change someone into a monster just by using their venom and they live forever, always able to inflict harm, snap a neck, poison a human being. We've not had trouble with vampires for centuries. Everything changes when the elders and their leaders made a deal, a pact if you will. I'm not sure what others make of this, or if they even know the person behind It but we can't sit back and watch as Will ruins the pact and our lives.

Ben burst into the office, rage radiating off him. I know that Will has gone too far now and Ben will not step down or stop a battle from happening.

"I want to attack and I want to attack now!" He booms as he storms in.

Jeff and Alberto turn at the sound of his voice. "There you are." Jeff says "It's bad, Ben"

Ben joins them with a face like thunder as they gather around the TV that's pinned to the wall. "I know it's bad. Vampires for fuck sake, they're our enemy"

"The Elders won't like this" Alberto says, shaking his head.

"They may not like it but we can't just leave it for them to intervene, they should be intervening now." I say, joining them to watch the same videos that I was watching before. It was naming yet another person who's disappeared in the space of two days, making it twelve people who have now mysteriously dropped off the face of the earth.

Ben places his hands on his hips "They're not going to intervene. They'll wait for someone else to do their dirty work for them."

"Their dirty work, AKA, us" Jeff says, his face full of fright.

Jeff has always been cool, calm and composed but something about him now is on edge. He's not relaxed about this and I don't think anyone is. Is it possible to go up against vampires? Yes, definitely. Is it something that we'll want to do? No. Will it make the fight more difficult? Absolutely but we don't have a choice.

"We need to think of a plan of attack and we need to think of it now." Ben says, quickly walking over to his desk. I watch as my mate, the man who shown me his calm side when I was freaking out over killing someone, is panicking.

I walk towards the desk, looking him in the eye. "We'll figure something out" I say.

I don't know whether we will, but speaking it into existence seems like the only think that I can do right now. He looks stressed, his eyes look tired all of a sudden, his hair is messy from the hand that repeatedly ran through it and I realise that we could be in extreme trouble.

I place my hand over his. "In this together, remember?"

He picks my hand up, kissing my knuckles gently "A team."

I nod. For a moment, I'd forgotten all about the others in the room. In this moment, it's me and Ben, much like it was the night that we consummated our bond. As much as this moment feels special and like Ben needs this more than anyone, I also know that these plans need to start now.

"We need a good plan" I say "A well though through plan, we can't rush this." I turn to Jeff and Alberto as I say it and they make their way over to the desk in the large study.

Jeff begins talking of attack plans, ways that we can move in, days when it's best, who we should send. Regardless of who we send and when we send them, our enemy is on the other side and we're basically sending our pack and Alberto's pack to be killed.