Chapter 18

Ben growls at them, coming close to me to protect me, although he should know that I don't need it.

I sigh, rolling my eyes. "You've aggravated him and possibly the wolves on patrol right now" I explain, feeling like I need to explain Ben's behaviour.

My grandma doesn't look satisfied, then again she never does when it comes to wolves. "In that case, they need better wolves on patrol. Especially with what's going on."

Ben growls even louder and I step forward, feeling like I need to be in between them now. "Right, let's go to our house and give Ben time to shift and meet us. We clearly have a lot of catching up to do" I say, trying to calm the situation.

My Grandma agrees with the nod of her head "Yes, I'd say so. this pack is falling apart since you and your mother arrived."

I clench my own jaw, feeling aggravated by her comment. "It's not falling apart, it's doing just fine, now let's go."

I lead the way in my super speed, giving Ben a wry smile before I leave him. I'm sure that he hates my Grandma right now and I'm not surprised. My Grandma knows how to get under a wolf's fur, she's had enough experience throughout the years.

"Does my mom know that you're coming?" I ask my family, praying that it's not another thing that my mom has kept from me.

My Grandma rolls her eyes "Don't be silly, your mom would never have allowed us to come."

She has a point. The thought of my grandma being here would be enough to push my mom away, but now they've come unexpected, there isn't much that she or I can do. I love my Grandma and Aunts, although it may not look like it, I just have a hard time understanding why my grandma does some of the things she does, like attacking my mate for instance.

Witches can be nasty, I know because I am one and I've grown up with plenty of them. I often say that witches need to take a chill pill, something to stop them from acting so quickly without thinking the situation through, but I suppose we wouldn't be witches if we did that.

We arrive at the house in no time and I can hear the TV on meaning that my mom is awake. I dig in my coat pocket for the key to the house, but as we climb up with steps, my mom is at the door, unlocking it from the inside.

"Arabella" She says in a slow voice "What are they-"

I cut her off before she accuses me of anything. "I didn't invite them if that's what you're about to ask. They ran through the borders about fifteen minutes ago" I say, walking inside and leaving my mom to greet the rest of them.

I walk into the living room and throw myself on the sofa, trying to mentally and emotionally prepare myself for whatever they have to say.

My Aunt is the first to walk in. "Well come and give your Aunt a hug at least!" She says with a small smile on her face.

I smirk as I push off from the sofa and embrace her. My Aunt's aren't as difficult as my Grandma and my Aunt Rissa is a lot like my mom, quite chilled, quite shy and definitely understanding.

Next is my Aunt Gemma who I give an even bigger hug to. Unlike my mom and Aunt Rissa, Gemma is a party goer, a free spirit and pretty loud. I like my Aunt Gemma because she's usually the fun one, the fun Aunt that every family needs.

"I've missed you Bells!" She says as her arms wrap me in a warm embrace. Aunt Gemma definitely gives the best hugs.

"I've missed you too" I whisper back. It's true, if anyone were to help my mom, it's her sisters and inviting them here never crossed my mind, simply because of their relationships with the wolves.