Chapter 25

It's been a week.

A week of training my inner witch, a week of training for every single wolf above the age of 16 and a week of hope for us all.

I never thought that having another pack here would help us learn things that we didn't know. I wasn't sure how having both packs in the same place would be. I thought it'd be wolves against wolves, all trying to show that their pack is better than the others but every single wolf has understood what to do perfectly. There's been some trying times, there's even been mates found which could complicate things once this is all over, but that's something we'll cross when we get to it.

Tonight is a friend's night, one that we haven't had since I came here. With me and Ben no longer attending school and being super busy, it's been hard to see everyone else and honestly, I miss Maya. I know that she understands what being the leaders of this pack means, she's watcher her mom and dad growing up but I think it's different to watch her friend and brother become leaders and for her mate to be helping.

Jace and Maya seem to be arguing a lot more than usual now that we need his help more and pack duties call, they also come first.  We've booked a restaurant in town which means that me and Ben get away from the pack house and it means that we all get time with just us. I sit in the car as Ben drives. His posture is relaxed, one hand is on my thigh and we're driving through the quiet roads.

"I'm glad that we're doing this" I say to him as he pulls over.

He looks me in the eye. "Me too"

We've suddenly grown up in the past two weeks, we've had to but I'm not complaining about not being able to live my teenage life anymore. I have duties, responsibilities. I have a pack to help lead, a mate to support and most of all, a family to protect. I've complained, a lot since my father died but complaining won't stop Will.

We haven't heard any more in the week that's passed and Serena has been kept alive, just. I'm not risking going near the prison, I've trained my witch well but I can't risk letting that slip and killing someone who could have the information that we need. I know that Ben was shocked by my outburst but he's not held it against me since and has tried to help as much as he can by reading about our kind.

There's a lot to do and it feels like we have such little time. With Sofia and Alberto's pack on our side, we already feel so much stronger. We have our witches, two packs and the rings that link us to Will for visions and locations. I'm sure that Will knows we have Serena by now, he's done nothing since the day her and Archie were captured and I'm not sure whether to take the silence as a good thing.

"It's nice to get away from the pack house for a while" Ben says, shutting the engine off.

"It seems like forever since we were sat in the canteen with everyone, not weeks"

He chuckles but I know that he feels the same. "Do you regreat dropping out now?"

I take a deep breath "I don't regret it, the pack comes first and a Luna can't be dividing her time between the pack and education."

"It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world" He says, giving me the option if I want it.

Ben has been extremely supportive and it appears that our bump in the road has only strengthened us. There are points in life where you have to forget the bad that people have said. The bad things can often outweigh the good, but when the good outweigh the bad, that's when you know that you have something special.

As we sit here in silence, just smiling and reflecting, I realise that the good really does outweigh the bad. Tonight, we promised the others that there will be no battle talk, just good times and laughs, and catching up on what me and Ben have missed out on.