thirty seven; hellraiser

I Don't Care - Apocalyptica ft Adam Gontier

  I try to make it through my life, in my way, there's you
Itry to make it through these lies, and that's all I do.  

Lilith was right. It was most definitely cold, she was already shivering, refusing to let go of Kai's hand whilst the rest stepped away from each other. "Fucking hell," she whispered, watching as a gust of air came from her mouth, floating up into the frosty air. She did it again. And again. And again.

"Well, isn't this a picturesque slice of hell?" Damon asked sarcastically as they all glanced around at the 1903 version of Mystic Falls. It was still daylight, although it was darker due to the clouds.

Bonnie broke everyone's thoughts by announcing, "you guys go ahead. Kai and I will start the locator spell on the Ascendant." Immediately Lilith snapped her gaze to Kai who nodded at her encouragingly.

"But Kai just had the Ascendant. Why do we have to find another one?" Elena asked, looking between all of them.

Kai was the one to answer. "The Ascendant can't travel between worlds, which means we gotta find its mirror image here in 1903."

"Page 10 in the world-jumping rule-book. Shall we?" Damon nodded to the direction of his house, grabbing Lilith by the upper arm and tugged her behind him, whilst she threw helpless looks towards Kai. He smiled at her before turning to Bonnie and Elena.

"I feel like that's the last I'll ever see of him," Lilith muttered, forgetting that Damon could hear her. She fell behind as Elena caught up to Damon, engaging him in a conversation as she moped, usually she wasn't this clingy, she never had been. But leaving Kai alone with Bonnie didn't sit well with her.

She felt like something bad was going to happen. Han Solo's famous line popped into her head; I've got a bad feeling about this. "I hear ya buddy," she mumbled to herself.

"Hurry up shorty!" Came Damon's voice, far, far away from her. She stopped in the middle of the forest, she reckoned that they had just got to the house. Her stomach began to flutter and not in the good way, her mark began to hurt. Why was she reacting like this?

She looked behind her, through the woods of where they just came from before sighing and shaking her head. "He can take care of himself," she said to herself, but she didn't believe one word. She ran the rest of the way to the boarding house but dared not to enter. She didn't particularly want to meet Damon's mother.

Lilith bored of sat outside for the past ten minutes decided to practice her magic. She began muttering spells, such as a locator spell, specifically on the Ascendant. She had closed her eyes at this point, frowning when she felt her body move up the stairs and into the boarding house. She weaved in and out of halls, stumbling downstairs until she heard voices.

"Damon! Isn't this the Ascendant?"

"Yeah."

"Why isn't Bonnie here?"

"Because Bonnie isn't looking for the Ascendant, Elena."

Lilith's eyes snapped open in horror as she heard the words fall from Damon's lips. So she was right, something was going to happen to Kai. She couldn't stop herself from stumbling up the stairs and out of the house, sprinting her way through the forests.

_

She felt like she'd been running for hours but she knew it had only been a few minutes. She felt weaker as she ran, like the closer she got the more energy left her. She stopped, coughing and spluttering as she leaned against a tree for support.