Chapter Four

I'd shave my legs for you.

• Grayson's pøv •

Currently I'm in the Charger on my way home with two hungry 17 year old females. Drew wouldn't take them out for candy so it's my duty to apparently drive them around at midnight. As we pulled in I was about to tell them that I was going to bed but they stopped me. "If you watch movies with us, we'll give you food."

I stopped to think. "Yeah, okay."

I went into Drew's room while the girls set up the living room for movie watching. "Get up blondie." "I'm sleeping." "No you're boutta be watching movies. Get up." I left his room and went to check up on the girls. The living room had bags of chips, Skittles, chocolate bars, and pop all over the coffee table.

This is Heaven.

"Can we watch Frozen?" The gals nodded and I put it in. Drew came in and flopped onto the couch, Kit sat on the middle cushion and I sat on the other one. Megan looked around at us, "What is this, musical chairs?"

I stared at her for a moment. "You took my spot. Im sitting on you." She jabbed her black fingernail in my direction with a glare. "I'll gladly allow that to happen if you share your Skittles with me." She bit her lip in thought before shrugging. I pulled her to my lap and we started to watch Frozen. Halfway through the movie Megan put her finger against my dimpled cheek; "I'm out of Skittles Gray."

"Okay then." I pushed Megan off of my lap and onto the floor, where she landed with a thud. "You're an ass." "And you're falling on yours." "You pushed me!" "I haven't the faintest idea as to what you're talking about." I shook my head innocently, looking away. She stood up, grabbed the bag of SmartFood popcorn and was about to sit back on the floor but I pulled her back to my lap.

Her head spun around like the demonic little thing she was and looked at me weird. I just shrugged. "You were keeping me warm. Even though your butt is bony." Megs rolled her eyes while I looked at the popcorn. She noticed where my eyes were. "You want my popcorn don't you.." "Yeah."

Our group fell asleep to the end credits of Frozen, their soft singing voices putting us into a deep slumber.

I woke up randomly; Megan was sleeping on Kit and Drew was asleep on the floor. I stood and went to the kitchen to check the time to which the microwave read 5:59AM. Why am I even awake? Oh well. I turned on the stove, threw on some bacon, later followed by eggs and made some toast.

As I was buttering my toast Megan walked in rubbing her eyes with her sweater covered fists. "Can I have some?" "Here, have mine I'll just make more." I smiled sweetly and started to cook more. "Thanks. Love you." "You don't love me." I accused. "Bruh. I'd shave my legs for you." "Thanks." I smiled, both dimples appearing. "Wait. You shave your legs anyways..." "Exactly." She said biting into a piece of toast. 

xxxxx

Drew and I offered to take the girls to the mall this morning and buy some stuff but of course Megan and Kit had a much more sadistic plan for their day. "How about..." Megan trailed off, fiddling with the rips in her black skinny jeans. "We trigger Drew's shift. It's late." She finished with a smirk, running her hand through her straight chocolate brown hair. "How about no." Drew responded. His blonde hair was ruffled and his grey eyes were stormy.

Kit huffed. "Fine. But I'm driving." Drew grabbed his keys and put his cell in the back pocket of his light jeans, throwing his leather jacket over top of his long-sleeved midnight blue shirt.

We're fans of leather. What can I say?

Megan smiled and kissed his cheek, "I promise not to break too many bones." She slipped into her Keds and covered her Asking Alexandria shirt with a jean jacket. Kit and I got ready as well before our clan got into his truck. We drove to the small clearing about a mile behind our pack house. This is where people usually go to shift for the first time if they have control over it.

He stripped down to nearly nothing, just leaving on his boxers. Megan walked closer to him and grabbed his hand. "You ready blondie?" He nodded at her and closed his eyes, taking in deep breaths. Very quickly Megan broke his wrist and Drew yelled in agony. She moved further up and broke that same arm. Kit winced as the crack echoed around us. Drew fell to his knees and Megs took a step back.

There was no change in his condition, he was just healing very slowly. Once you complete your first shift you get all the special 'werewolf powers' that you hear about. Faster healing, speed, hearing, smell, etc. Like yes, we were already born with these gifts but they accelerate when we shift.

"Any urge?" Kit asked. He shook his head. "I'm sorry.." She apologized. He smiled lightly at her, and that's when I had my suspicion. "I'm sorry Kitty." I mumbled. I turned towards my twin, grabbed her arm and put enough pressure on it that it broke. She cried out and Drew's eyes changed from a grey to a glowing silver and then an angry grey, nearly black colour.

His shoulder blade moved beneath his skin, no doubt causing him strong pains. The girls and I looked away because a shifting wolf was disturbing to watch and none of us had ever witnessed it before. I heard the cries of my best friend behind me, and I wanted so much to help him but it was immensely dangerous to do so. 

The last cry that escaped his human self was engulfed by the howl of his brand new wolf self. Slowly we turned to face him. His eyes were still dark with rage upon seeing Kit's injured arm. His fur matched the colour of his hair but he had grey patches throughout his coat. "Cool." Megan stated bluntly.

"C-Can I-" Kit started to ask but before she could finish Drew attempted to nod with his big blocky wolf head. Kit strode over to him and gently pet him. "Not to make you feel less manly or anything but you're like, really soft." 

We spent the rest of our Sunday trying to figure out how to get him back to normal, and once we did we quizzed him on what the shift felt like. 

I was so close to my own that I was on a countdown.

4 more days.