Chapter Six

Karma takes too long. I'd rather beat the shit out of you now.

• Grayson's pøv •

3 days later. January 21.

Blood was rushing to my head. A burning sensation engulfed my body. I was sweating like crazy. My heart started having whatever those damn things are called - palpitations? I felt like I was having a heart attack. Am I dying?

"Gray.. Gray are you okay?" Kit connected to me using our twin link.

I groaned in pain, clawing against my sheets. My back arched off the bed. I thrashed around cause of the wicked pains that were crawling all over my body.

"No I'm not okay. Are you in pain too?? Is this the shift?"

Before she responded my first bone broke. I put my face into my pillow and bit it while screaming. I was panting at this point and my body was starting to spasm. I tried to roll over to my back thinking that changing positions would help soothe the aches but instead I fell to the floor. My breath was knocked out of me.

"It hurts so bad.." She said to me, her voice echoing in my mind.

The twisted sensation subsided and I felt like I could finally breathe again. I stood up slowly and made my way out of my room. Kit was doing the same thing so we grabbed each other and went down the stairs carefully. I opened the front door and then my shoulder started to move. I moaned in pain but pushed myself out the door.

I couldn't feel myself anymore. I just simply wasn't there.

Kit dropped to her knees when her spine started to change, and I rushed by her side. The cold snow nipped at my hot skin as I doubled over in pain. I could feel my body shake vividly whilst fur sprouted out of random places and my transformation started to speed up. My groan escalated to a growl as I shifted between human and wolf.

The world I saw was different. Everything was new. New colours, new smells.. I turned towards my twin sister and saw a brown she-wolf with piercing blue eyes, and a pale pink nose.

"You look like a girl." Kit told me.

"What do I look like?"

"Pretty tiny for a dude. Brown fur, black nose. Theres white lines around your eyes, it kinda looks like eyeliner." Great. Feminine looking. How am I supposed to scare Megan now?

We took off together, running to the clearing behind our house and beyond. The sun was starting to rise when we came back. I laid down and put my head on my paws, waiting for someone to come out and see that there were two wolves in need of clothes.

xxxxx

It was during second period Art class when I couldn't think straight. I couldn't focus on my music, sit still or draw my figure sketch. I saw Kit and Drew sitting together, holding hands. Megan sat beside me and my head was so muddled. Where is my mate? Why haven't I had any feelings?

Megan poked my arm with her pencil, "Why does your face look like that?"

"I want to know where she is." I grumbled while scratching harder on my sketch paper. This lack of focus and control must be a side effect of my shift. I probably should have stayed home today. Megan left the class for the washroom or something and my wolf spoke for the first time in a long time.

"Let. Me. Out."

I tried to push his deeper into the darkness of my mind but he was just below the surface. Kit walked over to me. "Gray go take a walk, your eyes are starting to glow." She whispered. I kept my eyes down and raised my hand, "May I take a walk? I need some air." Mrs. Taylor nodded so I rushed out the door.

I paced the halls anxiously.

My new accelerated hearing picked up a guy flirting with a girl. What the hell is happening. I continued to walk and the second I turned the first corner and saw Megan flirting with a guy, my mind went blank and everything around me faded. I felt like I was going to pass out from rage.

Why am I so angry? I could care less.

I punched the kid in the face; my wolf was raging within me. "Gray? You're scaring me..." She was looking into my wolf clouded eyes. I grabbed her arm for support and I swore her skin on mine was getting me high.

I understood what was happening with me. I spun her around and pulled her towards me until her back collided with my solid chest. Her heart was racing. "You okay? Your heart is pounding." I whispered. "Because you're scaring me." She shouted back in defence. Her breath hitched in her throat. 

The kid was long gone by now. "You're mine. The most selfish line but the sweetest words we want to hear from the one we love." No, no, no. This can't happen. "I know you love me..." I teased in a deep voice before sinking my canines into the nape of her neck; forever marking her as mine.

She let out the softest moan but immediately once I was done she gave me a dark look. This wasn't supposed to happen. "You know what Grayson?" She smirked. I gulped, "Karma takes too long. I'd rather beat the shit out of you now."