Chapter Twenty

You say you want to know the truth, well you can ask me a question.

• Grayson's pøv •

44 days later, June 19th.

Today was the last day before we had our exams. We were graduating soon. Our Math exam was tomorrow, Art on Wednesday, History Thursday and then we finish with Chemistry on Friday. And then we're all officially done with high school. Wow.

I suppose you want to know where Megan and I are at in our relationship now that you've missed a month and a half of bickering and angry sex. Yeah, that happened. But I'm not complaining about that part, that part was good. Anyways, moving on. We were alright. I love her but I'm not in love with her. There's a difference. Trust me.

I looked over at Megan and smiled lightly. She rolled her eyes. Currently we're having an argument about whether or not we should be dating. Over the past month we've been trying to rebuild our friendship and build ourselves back up from the nothings that we once were. Truth only. I wanted this more than I ever thought I could. 

I realized that I had been staring at her for far too long. Her beautiful brown hair that hung just past her breasts. The hazel eyes that could make me do anything for her. Her smile. God, that smile. Every time she smiled it reminded me how much we've been through and that smiling is needed more in life. When I thought I lost her my wolf made it feel like I had nothing to live for.

Her.

I waited.

And it was her. 

She was what drove me to live.

She's my person.

I stood up and walked to her. I grabbed her small hand in mine and lead her to the door. "Hey Mr. K I'm gonna leave for a minute, I'll be back." "Please don't." He mumbled. I laughed and continued to drag Megan into the hallway. "Date me." I stated firmly. She sighed. "Grayson, how can I possibly date you?" "Easy. Just admit you're mine and I'll treat you like a Queen." 

"I'm leaving." She declared. I grabbed her hand to keep her from walking away from me. "We fight all the time. I know that. But we don't fight because we hate each other, we fight because we're scared to love each other and lose. I want you and you want me. Simple as that." I told her. "We fight to keep in control. And don't assume how I feel Grayson." She spat. "Maybe for all you know I can't stand being around you for more than five minutes without you infuriating me!" 

I looked her in the eyes. "I just want to know the truth. Tell me right now. Do you see a future for us? Or should I just go and find someone else to make mine?" I touched the place between her neck and shoulder where I marked her as mine. I could feel the heat from her skin and it made sparks dance on my and creep all over my body.

She felt it too.

Megan's hand swatted mine. "You say you want to know the truth, well you can ask me a question. I'll tell you something that you may want to hear. But I'll lie." She paused. Very enthusiastically she gushed to me: "Oh my God! I can't believe I've waited so long to tell you I'm in love with you and that I want to be with you forever and ever and ever!" 

I rolled my eyes. I grabbed her chin and forced her to lock eyes with me. "I'm being serious. I can't promise you forever but I can promise you I'll stay by your side as long as you want me to." Megan swallowed and looked down. "Tell me you don't want to be with me and let me make you happy. Look me in the eyes and say it. I'll leave right now if you want me to." 

She pulled her face away from my hands and she started to walk away again. I called her name and ran after her. Megan spun around lividly and yelled. "I want to be happy! I want a life full of happiness and laughter and I want to be loved but I can't see us in the future! I know we're mates and we're supposed to be in love with each other and care for each other but you want to know a secret?"

She was taking deep breaths. "Sometimes I feel like my heart still isn't beating. But when I'm around you it goes crazy and I don't know how to handle it. I don't want to lose my breath every time I see you and I feel weak when you're around." "I-" She cut me off; "I'm not finished." 

"I know that this has already been planned out for us by some alleged Moon Goddess but I want to be the one who makes this kind of decision! I don't want to follow the rules that some greater power gave us. I want to be me. I love you, I do." She paused and I stepped in. "You want a happy ending."

"Happy ending? There are no happy endings. Endings are the saddest part. So just give me a happy middle and a very happy start."

Megan walked down the hall and turned the corner, disappearing from my sight. I stood in my spot outside of the Math room with a heavy heart. I just watched her walk away. I mean if we're going to do the whole cliché then I better chase her. Right? Tell me I'm right. 

I sprinted down the hall and turned the corner. She wasn't there. I jogged down the next hall and kept turning corners until my skin started to gain temperature. She was close to me. That's the only pro of marking her prematurely. 

I ran until I saw her off in the distance. "Megan!" I hollered. I called her name again and by the time she turned around, I was there. I grabbed her face in my and leaned down to where our lips met. The kiss was filled with passion but at the same time the taste of anger spilled from us. I pulled away and rested my forehead against hers.

"I can't do this. I lost you once, I won't do it again." 

Hot tears fell from her hazel eyes and I wiped them away tenderly with the pad of my thumb. "I didn't give you a happy start and I'm sorry. I can make up for the middle but if all we do is fight and have sex then I'm going to get nowhere. Worshipping your body is one thing but your soul is different. Let me give you your happy middle and I swear I can make it happy end." 

Megan didn't say anything.

She didn't need to.

I knew what she was thinking.