Chapter 2: I'm In Where?!

- Amai's POV -

My eyes fluttered open while sunlight hits my face.

I found myself lying down in my own bed in my room. I looked around me. Was it all a dream? It seems that everything looks the same, except...

"MOOOOOOM! WHERE ARE MY DEATH NOTE STUFFS?" I yelled while heading down. I could hear the pan sizzle and smoke started surrounding the house.

Mom was wearing an apron with the words,'World's Greatest Cook'. She was holding a spatula on her right hand, and her hair was tied up to a bun.

My eyes were as big as dinner plates. "W-who are you and what have you done with my mom?"

"What are you talking about honey? I am your mom. Now go get dressed or you'll be late for school," she said.

Like a good child, I immediately obeyed. One thing's for sure, mom was totally acting strange. She can't even cook an egg without burning the whole thing (including the pan), but now, she's practically doing stuff a normal housewife would do. Yup, definitely weird.

After taking a quick shower, I slipped into my school uniform. Wait a second... This doesn't feel like my regular old uniform. I looked at the mirror, and I was right! It's completely different! What is really going on here?

Once again, I headed down, grabbed a piece of toast and bid farewell to my mom. She gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, and handed over my bento. I gave her a blank stare before leaving.

Kisses on the cheek, handmade bentos, very un-momlike indeed.

But what really made me jump was when I discovered what the outside looked like. It was completely different, even the houses. My neighbors were still the same people though.

I was panicking. I didn't know where to go. Maybe I should just skip school today.

As I headed back towards my house, I suddenly stopped in my tracks when I notice a familiar-looking guy walking past behind me. He was wearing the same uniform as I do, but the true surprise is how he looked like.

Light brown hair, brown eyes, serious look on his face. He was a little taller than me and his face was the face that I always see on my T.V and displayed on the posters and other stuff hanging around in my room.

"L-Li-ligh-t Y-yaga-mi?!"

Luckily, I didn't blurt out his name out loud, or else I might catch his attention. Wait a minute! What is Light Yagami doing in my world anyway? Aren't he supposed to be a fictional character that only exists in the... the...

Like a brick on the head, it suddenly hit me.

I grabbed my phone from my bag. My strap and mini-figure is gone. I flipped the mobile device open, and sure enough, my L background was replaced with a plain blue screen. This could only mean one thing, and one thing only...

"I'M IN THE WORLD OF DEATH NOTE!" I said out loud.

- Light's POV -

"Hey Light! Your neighbor sure is noisy," Ryuk told me while hovering above.

I let out a sigh. "Yeah, they're always like that."

Ryuk suddenly looked confused. "Huh? Wait a minute. I don't remember having a FEMALE neighbor..."

With that, I faced to where my neighbor was standing, and sure enough, her face wasn't familiar to me at all. But I didn't really care about my neighbors. I was about to keep walking when my ears suddenly picked up her words,

"Death Note."

My eyes went wide. How does she know about the notebook? I gave Ryuk a stern look, but it looks like he hasn't gotten any clue on what was happening either.

But all I know is, this girl is going to get in my way if she has information about the Death Note. So I decided, from here on out,

"I am going to carefully observe who this girl really is," I said.

The shinigami let out a chuckle. "Kukuku. Things are finally going to get interesting."

- End of Chapter 2 -