Chapter 16 (Part 2): The Shinigami Realm; Jastin's Appearance!

**** Hi my fellow nakamas!~ As you all know, L's birthday is drawing near... (OCTOBER 31) and I planned on doing something to commemorate his special day. Any suggestions? (Ones that doesn't involve me becoming money-less) If so, kindly type then down. Thank you~ ****

- Location: The Shinigami Realm

POV: Amai's -

Instead of hearing the usual "One million years dungeon!!" order (Wait. Wrong show), all I heard coming from Jastin was a light-hearted laugh which I find really weird considering the fact that he's a death god with a sour attitude and all. I looked to where Ryuk was standing and sure enough, his expression was almost the same as mine. "What's happening? Did I do something good?" I stated in my softest voice... but apparently, it wasn't soft enough. Jastin managed to hear my words and in an instant, he went, bent his right knee until we're practically both the same height and placed his bony hand on my right shoulder, which made me flinch. "You sure are unique, girl. I wish you the best of luck on your mission."

"Wait. What mission? What are you talking about?" Questions started running through my mind at this very moment, and I refused to let this chance for it to be answered slip away. "Tell me, please! I'm begging you. Does it have to do with me being here in this world? The World of Death Note?"

"That's for you to find out. For now, all I could provide you is a tiny bit of assistance." Jastin tapped his foot once, and a staff that was decorated with more bones and jewelries formed from the OTHER bones and jewelries that was scattered around him. He chanted a short spell, and using his two finger, he touches my eyelids and forces them to close. "H-hey! What are you-?" Slowly, Jastin let go, and I opened my eyes to find my vision blurred and my head slightly dazed. "What did you do to me?"

"Just a little parting gift. Now go! Before I change my mind..." The death god went and sat on his chair, lighting up a weird looking cigarette and huffed. "If I see you again, I'll make sure you'll never see the light of another day, got that?!" Well that did the trick. I made a quick bow and quickly headed out, gesturing Ryuk to follow.

I caught a glimpse of Jastin shaking his head in dismay, before being consumed by darkness, yet again. I slowly opened my eyes, and found myself face-to-face with my mother, who wore a worried look on her face. "Amai? Oh thank heavens you're awake!!" She pulled me in a tight hug, which almost sucked the living daylights out of me. I kept on squirming, trying to break free. "Gak! M-mom... stop! I can't... breathe!"

"Oh! Sorry dear," mom stated while releasing me. "N-no problem..." I barely manage to reply. I was about to ask her if Light ever came to visit, when something caught my eye. Red letters and numbers floating on top of my mother's head. If you could see my face right now, you'd probably piss your pants laughing.

"No way. I can't believe that old geezer gave me Shinigami Eyes."

- End of Chapter 16 -