Chapter 16 (Part 1): The Shinigami Realm; Jastin's Appearance!

**** I know what you guys are thinking right now... You want to kill me for not updating for almost a month, right? Well screw you, I have a life too, you know... (Wait, I'm just kidding! Don't go! TT_TT)

Thank you for all your votes and comments. Each and every one of it is highly appreciated. *hands you some virtual L stuffed toys*

Enjoy!!~

Oh! I almost forgot. I'll be dividing this chapter into two... so don't get confused people. ****

- Location: The Shinigami World

POV: Ryuk's -

What am I even thinking? Letting a human inside the shinigami world. The old man will definitely kill me for doing this. Then again, there's a bunch of apples waiting for me back in the human world... maybe I could just give him two or three of those delicious and juicy fruits to calm him down... then again, maybe not. Oh! Right, I almost forgot about Amai. Maybe she's having some sort of state of shock from all of this. I hope she-

"This is so cooooooool!!"

I almost fell down on my behind when I heard her say that. That's just so typical of her; getting excited at almost anything that normal people would find 'weird' or 'scary'... But to be honest, that's also one of the many reasons why I prefer her company instead of Light's.

I felt someone tugging my index finger, and looked down to face an overly-enthusiastic Amai. Her smile was so huge, you could fit in four apples in her mouth. Come to think of it, why don't I try it out later, might be quite amusing.

"Come on Ryuk! What are we waiting for? Christmas? Let's go! Let's go!!" I couldn't help to sweat drop at her... delirious self today. "Alright, alright. But don't forget about my apples, okay?"

She just turned a deaf ear on me as she was happily skipping down the hill made up of rotten human bones and flesh.

- Amai's POV -

I couldn't believe my eyes!! The shinigami world, right in front of me. I wonder what the Shinigami King looks like? I really want to see his face!! And maybe I could spot Sidoh roaming around here. I should've brought a chocolate bar!

"Hey! Quit daydreaming! This isn't a fun place you know," Ryuk stated from behind. I know that but, this place just gives me, oh I don't know, it feels kind of... homey.

I was too busy spacing out that I didn't even realize Ryuk was already ahead of me and is talking to his two shinigami buddies. Oh! Where are my manners? I should go and say hi.

--

"So what you're saying Ryuk, is that this girl may have some connections with what's happening between the human and shinigami world?"

"Yeah. She said that she saw a mysterious-looking shinigami and showed her visions of her own past... and you even said it yourself Gook... the bridge connecting the two worlds are acting up, right? Amai mentioned something about her being deemed, 'keyholder' by that shinigami."

"How sure are you about all of that?"

"I'm betting all the apples I have. How's that sound?"

"Shh... Quiet Dellidublly. Ryuk sounded really serious this time."

"My point exactly? So, is it alright for me to take her to Jastin?"

"... that, we aren't sure. But you could try and talk to him about this matter. Maybe he's feeling a little generous today to lend his help."

--

I overheard the three Shinigami's whole conversation... though I didn't meant to. I'm not the type of person who eavesdrops on people, but when I heard Ryuk mention me, well, let's just say that my curiosity got its best. So they're taking me to Jastin, eh? From what I've read, he's the Shinigami World's most intelligent Death God, second only to the King. And there's another thing about him that ticks me off... I just forgot. Maybe I'll remember it later.

Me and Ryuk started heading towards north, and came across a giant chair that's covered with an endless amount of precious jewels. From Ruby, to Amethyst, to Sapphire, to diamonds... It's like all the gems that has ever to exist could be found in this freaking chair. Oh, I forgot to mention that those things are found inside the hollow parts of the human skull... So it's like a furniture made up of bones and jewels.

"So Ryuk... you finally decided to come back? How's the Human World?" a voice echoed from behind the shadowy depths of the colossal chair. A shinigami whose body is embroided with different colored gems appeared from behind, greeting us with a smile that sent shivers down my spine.

"Hey there Jastin," Ryuk greeted him with a cold voice. Huh, and I thought these two are close buds. The sparkly shinigami (decided to call him that) then turned his attention towards me, and just simply shook his head. Well, talk about rude.

"Oh right!! I forgot about the part that Jastin's a greedy death god who likes to smoke! Ahahaha!! My bad." Ryuk shot me a 'I-couldn't-believe-you-just-said-that' look, and Jastin 

... well... Let's just say that if looks could kill, I'd probably be dead right about now.

'Great... I just had to open my big mouth. Way to go Amai! Nice job!' I thought to myself as I await my fate.