Afterward

Erik sat at his organ and fiddled with the keys. He played a simple medley and whistled along in a slow sad tone. He looked at the pieces of ripped sheet music on the floor. A song had been bouncing around his head for months, with lyrics and accompaniment sparsely showing their faces. He played the opening notes he had scribbled down, hoping that would inspire something.

"I'll swim and sail on savage seas with never a fear of drowning, and gladly ride the waves of life, if you would marry me. No scorching sun nor freezing cold, will stop me on my journey, if you will promise me your heart." He sang, as he sat back at the organ and played.

"And love me for eternity." He felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around at the familiar sensation. "Still working on this song my love?" Annabeth's unmistakable smile brightened the whole room. "I swear at this point I have some of the parts memorized." She giggled. She leaned over, placing her free hand on the paper so she could read it.

"I know, darling." He smiled kissing her cheek. "It's just so infuriating that I do not have all of it sorted by now."

"You'll figure it out, you always do." She smiled, humming the next note to get the right pitch. "My dearest one, my darling dear your mighty words astound me. But I've no need for mighty deeds when I feel your arms around me." She sang, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. Her swollen belly making it a little difficult.

"But I would bring you rings of gold. I'd even sing you poetry, and I would keep you from all harm. If you would stay beside me." He smiled, standing up to offer her to dance with him.

"I have no use for rings of gold, I care not for your poetry. I only want your hand to hold." She let go of him, and started dancing around on her own, later motioning for him to join. She smiled that sly smile he'd grown to love, and he couldn't refuse.

"Careful now, dear. I do not think it's wise to move so much in your condition." He placed a gently hand on her stomach, feeling the life inside it, move ever so slightly. "

"Darling, I am only pregnant, not dying." She chuckled. "We were lucky that the dagger missed its target and you got me the help I needed." She traced the scar on the side of her waist that still remained all these years later.

"You are such a strong lady."

"Well you cannot dispose of me so easily I suppose."

"I only want you near me." He smiled, continuing the song

"To love and kiss to sweetly hold, for the dancing and the dreaming. Through all life's sorrows and delights, I'll keep your laugh inside me." They sang together as they danced around.

"I'll swim and sail all savage seas, with never a fear of drowning. I'd gladly ride the waves of life if you will marry me!" They finished, both gasping for breath. He let her go slowly, then turned to show her something.

"I think you finished your song." Annabeth sat down in a chair, winded by all the movement.

"Well it was only a matter of time." Erik picked up some of the sheet music off the floor. "I just needed a little help from my muse." He leaned down and kissed her. "You inspire me."

"As do you my love." Annabeth smiled, happy both of them were able to find their happy endings.