Chapter Fourteen: A Night to Remember

It began to downpour, soaking Annabeth's dress completely. A soft sigh escaped her lips. The person behind her moved his arms around her, no longer in a protective way, but more romantic. she smiled at it, then it went away. She jolted from his arms, turning facing him.

"What in the world is wrong with you!?" She yelled. He tried to answer back but she wouldn't let him, she had her chance to vent and was not letting it go. "Do you have any idea what I went through because of you?" He held his hand out to her with a sorrowful look in his eyes, she smacked it away.

"Annabeth..." He tried to get a word in.

"First you save my life, which I'm greatly thankful for." She acted like she did not hear him. "You provide me with a home, which you didn't have to do either, but you did it anyway. Which leads me to my final question..." She trailed off. "Why? Why send me away if you're just going to come back to me? After I'm already married." She practically hissed. He pulled her close to him, he looked her dead in the eyes.

"You act like sending you away was not the hardest thing I had to do, do not mock my pain." He hissed; he saw the fear in her eyes. He then realized he was holding her throat. He let go and she nearly fell over, gasping for air. "You ask me why I sent you away, I sent you away for your own good. You should be with your own kind and be happy." He sneered.

"My own kind?" She lifted her hand to his masked covered cheek. He leaned into her soft touch as if he had missed it. He nodded sadly. "You said I should be happy. What makes you think I wasn't happy with you?" It was then she notice he was crying. She wiped it away. "Please don't cry." she choked, crying herself.

She pulled him into a tight hug, she felt his arms tightly grab her and after a few moments he lightly pulled away. He looked her in the eyes again, their faces just inches from each other, leaving a light blush on both of their cheeks. He slowly leaned in. She moved in to but her stopped her.

"Don't move." He instructed her, she did as she was told and stood there, as their lips met.

He kissed her softly at first then more passionate. He felt a smile cross her lips as the kissed, she wrapped her arms around his neck. Not once in his life had he ever had the courage to kiss a woman. Not even Christine, she kissed him, and that wasn't even a kiss, it was a pity kiss. But this was different, there was something different with Annabeth, the way they fit together. Quickly he pressed his lips harder against her lips, she let out a soft gasp.

But suddenly.

"Well, well, well, what have we got here?"

"Christopher..."

Christopher stood at the entrance, his sword pointed at the two of them.

"Step away from my wife." Christopher sneered.

Erik's graze went from Annabeth then to Christopher. An almost psychotic smile crossed his lips. He took out his sword that he was hiding under his cloak. He laughed humorlessly.

"Monsieur, I bid you welcome. Did you think that I would harm her? Why would I make her pay, for the sins which are yours?" He took a swing and cut Christopher just below the shoulder.

A sob-like noise came from the bottom of Annabeth's throat. They began to fight, both of them swinging their swords at each other like wild animals. They were at it for what seemed like hours, suddenly Christopher knocked the sword out of Erik's hand, pushing him to the ground. He raised his sword about to finish him off.

"No, Christopher!" She screamed. He turned and looked at her. Her hands were barely touching her face. She was crying. "No, not like this." She shook her head.

Christopher sighed, letting Erik go. He got up and walked towards Annabeth. Erik tried to sit up, but Christopher knocked the wind out of him. Christopher took Annabeth by her throat.

"you've tried my patience, make your choice." He hissed, letting go of her neck.

She fell to the floor, gasping for breath. She said a something, but neither one of them could hear it, for she was trying to regain her breath.

"Annabeth quit your mumbling!" Christopher yelled, smacking her. She whimpered in respond. She got up and quickly ran to Erik's side, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. She looked up at a very frustrated Christopher.

"I choose, Erik." she said clearly, though on the inside she was shaking. "... I love him."