Chapter Eleven: Visions

Annabeth was handed her bouquet as the doors of the cathedral opened; her father greeted her with a smile. At first, she was worried, when she was younger, he had tragically passed due to an undiagnosed illness. But that smile, a smile she had not seen in what felt like forever, calmed her. He linked his arm with her arm and lead her down the aisle.

Violins and violas softly played as they walked together. Her dress' train being held by her bridesmaids. Her dress, all though simple, it had golden lace tracing up the skirt stopping at the waist. Then continuing the lace across the corset. It was in fact, the most beautiful dress. The veil covered her eyes only allowing her to see the shapes of certain things, nothing had any detail. Trusting the guidance of her father, she made her way to where Christopher was standing.

Strangely, his back was towards her, maybe he wanted it to be a surprise, waiting till the very last minute to see her. When she reached him, her father let go of her. Christopher gently lifted the vail, quickly Annabeth squinted due to the blinding sunlight. He greeted her with a coy smile.

"You look absolutely beautiful my dear." He said before he kissed her hand. Practically every fiber in her body was telling her to run. But she did not, she felt an uncomfortable sensation of calm.

"Well, what did you expect from the best dress maker in all of Paris?" She muttered as she linked her arm with his. He shook his head while he laughed.

"Oh, I have a surprise for you, my dear." He leaned down a little to whisper in her ear. Something about the smug tone of his voice sent a shiver down her spine.

"Christopher, what is it?" She hissed. He rolled his eyes as if giving in and turned her to the crowed of her family who waited there for the wedding.

She screamed as if someone had killed someone, in which had happened. All of them, throats slit, still looking at her. She investigated the crowd, there was a figure standing in the doorway that she had just come from. She wasn't sure who or what it was, but with encouragement from Christopher, she walked toward it. To her horror, it was Erik, his body swaying in the doorway with a noose around his neck.

"No one can hide from me for long. It wasn't that hard to find him though, he's been in the same place his whole life." He laughed humorlessly again. "He called your name before he went, I guess you just weren't listening."

She looked back at him his suit was stained with blood. He looked psychotic with that smile plastered to his face and the look in his eyes that was too hard to read. He looked at her hands, causing her to look down too, in her hands was a knife. The knife that slit the throats of her family. She dropped it and began screaming hysterically. His laughter was all she could hear. Then as the world around her faded she heard something, someone calling her.

"Annabeth! Annabeth!" The world began to shake.

Annabeth's eyes shot open; she was shaking as someone took her into the arms. Comforting her holding her till she stopped sobbing.

"It was horrible!" was all she could make out between sobs. It was Christopher, he held her tightly.

"What's wrong dear?" He asked extremely worried. She could not grasp the question or anything for that matter.

"What day is it?" She trembled.

"Saturday, our wedding day."