A self-vow

"Lucy..." Happy said putting the blonde down in front of the Fairy Tail guild, "welcome to Fairy Tail!"

Lucy's eyes glowed with excitement.

This was her dream come true!

Her and Happy walked through the doors and opened them revealing the members.

Lucy knew Mira from the Sorcerer weekly magazine and panicked when Mira was knocked out during the "usual" Fairy Tail fights.

"Hey cutie!" A (naked) boy said smiling as he walked toward Lucy slowly and with ease.

Lucy grabbed a baseball bat out of nowhere and knocked out of the park with it, er, guild.

She met Cana Albarn, the drinker.

Gray Fullbuster, the stripper.

Loke Star, the big time flirt.

Jellal, the good boy/bad boy. (Why not?)

Elfman the... man?

Mira, she already knew, the model.

And ect.

The light glew from the pressure against it on the hand. Lucy's hand. She was getting her first ever guild mark! Yay!

As soon as Mira pulled away, revealing the pink guild mark Lucy held it up for herself to see.

"Hey Lucy, why pink?" Cana was the first to ask as she noticed the color.

Lucy smiled awkwardly, "it's like Natsu's hair. Pink. He did kinda bring me here. I owe him big time." She then looked up at Cana's expression. Cana understood somehow.

"Ohhhh? Do you like him?" A little white haired girl showed up out of nowhere.

"Who're you?" Lucy asked curious.

"Oh! This is Lisanna my sister," Mira said and rushed to Lisanna's side to put her hand on the smaller Mira's shoulder.

"Oh, I'm Lucy. It's nice to meet you," Lucy said and smiled.

Lisanna blushed as she looked turned to Mira,"she likes... Natsu?" She gulped the name.

"Huh?" Lucy said interrupting, "what's wrong with him?"

Those who listened in, were glaring at some memory of some sort, but that confused Lucy even more. Then Mira sighed.

"Natsu hates us all. He doesn't talk to us. He runs from us. He ditches us like, poor old Happy here," Mira gestured to the talking blue cat sitting in a booth with Cana, who was drinking away.

"Why?" Lucy asked narrowing her eyes in confusion.

"Because he still hasn't gotten over Igneel leaving him. Ever since his dragon left him alone, Natsu's gone crazy looking for him. He's trained himself with different magics. He's powerful, not as powerful as Erza, but definitely more powerful as me," Mira heaved in a sigh full of sadness.

"Oh," Lucy mumbled sadly as she looked down.

"So what's your story if I may ask?" Lisanna asked sweetly.

Lucy shook her head, "I don't have much of a story. Just... a runaway."

"From?"

"My... family, they weren't nice so I left." Lucy shrugged.

Lisanna just shook it off after that. So did everyone else.
Except one.

Natsu.

He'd been in a secret room above the guild hall, listening. He's always there. It's his sanctuary. His isolation from the guild. His eavesdropping hole. His "home".

There's little room for him but it's ok because he's used to it.

"From?" He heard the sound of Lisanna Strousse, the annoying little sister of Mirajane, ask the new girl.

Natsu could already tell, Lucy was just like everyone else. But something made her different.

Her secrets made her different.

"My...family, they weren't nice so I left them," she shrugged it off.

Why would she leave her family? Even if they weren't nice? Natsu didn't understand.
He'd never leave Igneel even if Igneel was an evil dragon.

A strange yet wonderful feeling filled up inside Natsu as he decided.

Lucy I'm going to figure out your secrets... and this ran through his mind like wildfire, fast and undeniable.

Then absent-mindedly a smile creeped onto his face.