s o r b e t

"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmm boy!" – Jack Handey

■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □

"Hello? Did you hang up before?"

"Nah, the call disconnected."

"Oh, I think the service here isn't up to par, but that's not the point. Were you the one who set up this surprise, Fletcher?"

"Maaaaybe!"

"How did you pull this off?"

"I met this guy named Evan a few days ago, when he visited Waffle Cones with his friends. They ordered custom marshmallow candy heart ice cream, for some weird reason."

"You met Evan? Wait, does this relate–"

"–To you? Well, Evan said it was his friend's birthday, and they were going to do the chubby bunny challenge in Waffle Cones to appease her."

"Uh, I don't see the relation yet."

"Let me finish. So, I mentioned that your birthday was in a few days, they asked who I was talking about, I told them who you were, and Evan seemed to recognize you. We decided to throw this surprise birthday party for you, and here we are. Ta-da!"

"Wow, I'm touched that you put so much effort into this. Thanks, Fletcher!"

"Don't thank me, thank E with a van!"

"How did you–"

"Long story."

"Also, why aren't you here?"

"Meh, I have places to go, people to see, parties to organize."

"Meaning?"

"The ninja waiter is on duty."

"Well, I'll have to party by myself, then."

"Are you kidding? Erin should be lighting the candles right about now. Go join her and Alex! By the way, Evan and the others aren't here in person because they had to go back to their hometown. They send their love."

"Oh, I should thank them when I have the chance. I wish you were here, though."

"I know, I'm sorry about that."

"I should go check out the cake."

"Yes, that would be wise, Sushi."

"Holy shit, why's the cake on fire?!"

"Damn it, Erin, you had one job!"