What Hurts The Most: Number 4

          “Mom,” I rushed to my mother who was walking to the waiting room with a nurse helping her; my mom was a little pale, her hair was in a messy bun, but she was still that beautiful mom that gave birth to me; the mother who has twins and a son with down syndrome. That’s my mother.

          “Claire,” she hugged me once she was in my reach; even though she looked weak, she wasn’t.

         “A-are you okay? Is everything all right?” my dad asked once I and my mom broke from the hug.

          She nodded, “Yes, I’m fine; the doctor gave me a prescription for stronger pills, but I’m okay; he said our insurance saves us 98% of the pills actually price.”

          “Thank god,” Robert sighed, kissing her cheek. “If you guys don’t mind, I’m going to go to the house so me and Claire can go back to school.”

          I gave him a look—I don’t want to go to school, I wanted to stay in the hospital or go home and take care of Logan, not go to school; everybody is going to ask why I’m gone and I’m not a good liar.

          “Sure Robert, but, please be careful; after school, go to the mechanic and pick up sell them Claire’s car, then go to pick up her SUV at Ford, I already paid everything, but you’ll need money for the gas, so use your credit card and I’ll pay you back.” My dad told Robert with a serious face.

          A SUV! Oh my gosh, I’m getting a SUV. 

          “Lucky bitch,” Robert said under his breath, dragging me outside the hospital.

          “Do you think Santana is going to be okay,” I asked Robert, once we reached the front of the school.

          He sighed, “I hope so, and she better be okay. We can’t have her in the hospital with Mom in this condition, it’s not going to be good for all of us, especially you and Mom.”

          I nodded, grabbing my back-pack and laptop. I didn’t need Robert’s help this time, since I was perfectly capable of getting it by myself.

          “Hey, don’t worry, things will work out, she’ll be okay, I’ll see you at lunch after this period,” he hugged me outside of my classroom and kissed my forehead.

          “It’s weird how I’m older than you and you treat me younger,” I rolled my eyes, kissing his cheek and walking to my classroom. “Sorry I’m late, at the hospital.” I told Mr. Mage once I sat down next to Biology partner.

          “Yes I know, in fact, the whole school knows since your brother ran out of the school yelling he needed to go the hospital, earning him a suspension of two days,” Mr. Mage gave me a look filled with pity and hate.

          I sighed, resting my forehead on the table. Stupid, stupid Robert. Seriously? Run out of the school yelling that? Isn’t that great? I’m glad the police didn’t come looking for us.

          “Why is everybody looking at me?” I said as I sat down at our lunch table with Alex on my left, Zach next to Alex, an empty seat between him and Tyler, and to Tyler’s left was Robert, who was on my right.

          “The whole you and Austin texting thing, teacher caught him texting and looked at his texts, and apparently you are going to the Main Office during fifth period,” Alex gave me a look. Robert choked a little, making me turn my head to him.

          “Excuse me?” he said in a rich girl voice. “How come I didn’t know about ‘dis? Hm, missy? You’ve got a lot of explaining to do, oh yes you do.” He said, his voice in a high-voice and saying it fast.

          “Ugh, Austin was annoying me and all, so I decided to play along, c’mon, he’s also going to get in trouble, not just me,” I handed Robert my phone, letting him see the messages.

          “Actually, I’m not; he let us off the deal, but how do you like taking care of a dog and five puppies?” Austin said, sitting between Tyler and Zach.

         “Seriously?! Sarah was going to seat there! And no way in hell I’m doing that,” I gave him a look.

          “Yes you are. You and me his house, tomorrow, seven-thirty sharp,” he winked at me.

          “Fuck you,” I flipped my finger off to him. “And use this to fuck yourself with.” I threw him a fork, before I went outside.

You can’t don’t hate me, do you? Sorry I didn’t upload, I’ve been forgetting to do this. I’ve been busy typing Come Back to Love, that apparently I can’t spare ten-thirteen minutes writing the rest of the books I write.

                                      Forgive me!?

10-13 votes, 2-6 comments for Chapter 5?