Chapter 20

UN-EDITED.

Ayesha's PoV

I waited on the couch as Farhan went in to change and mindlessly played with my fingers, thinking about what Zain had said.

Farhan and I won't have to pretend anymore though. Now he can maintain the distance he loves to keep. I sighed and rubbed my temple.

Today was a happy day. And I couldn't let Zain ruin it for Farhan. After looking at Shaila Aunty's ailing health, I don't think any drama would be bareable. I huffed. How can Zain be so damn stubborn?

And what about the unborn baby? What about Humeyra? Allah, Zain had completely lost it.

Farhan walked out wearing the new suit I'd brought. The top 4 buttons of his shirt were undone. Exposing his chest. And boy was I staring! He looked magneficent.

He started buttoning up his shirt as I stood up. But when he got to the last one though, it came off in his hand. I groaned while he ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Oh come on," he grumbled. I looked at the time. The last ritual could begin any moment now. I grabbed my clutch and pulled out a thread and needle.

"Here, let me sew it back on," I said. He gaped at me.

"You had that in your purse?" He asked incredulously.

"Yeah. I keep it for emergency purposes. Long dresses can get damaged at any time, anywhere." I replied frowning. He chuckled. I began to fume.

"If you think this is funny, lets see you walking out with a broken button and messy hair," I snarled.

"No, no. I don't find it funny. I just find it cute. You came so prepared for the wedding," he smiled. I sighed and pushed him on the couch.

Then I sat down on the arm rest and got to work. I tried to stay focused only on the button and not on my husband who had his eyes on me. Or so I think.

So I tried hard not to look up at him because I knew I would get lost in his eyes. And the fact that he was seeing another girl despite being married to me, saddened me so much.

I got up and wrapped up the thread and needle and put them back in my purse. I helped him do his hair back neatly and put his old clothes in a bag to tidy up the room. Then I turned to him, expecting a thank you.

He looked at me, cluelessly. "What?"

"How about a 'thankyou Ayesha. You solved a problem I could never have solved on my own'," I said frowning.

"Why would I do that? It was just a coincidence you had that thread and needle," he scoffed.

I crossed my arms and stomped my foot. Maybe getting a thankyou out of this man was next to impossible. I turned around and started towards the door to leave.

"Ayesha," he called out, grabbing my wrist. I turned around to look at him. He suddenly tugged me closer. But not too close.

"Thanks for helping me. I was just joking. It's you only who helped me when I needed it the most," he spoke softly.

I smiled. "You're welcome."

I looked into his eyes and began to feel the attraction once more.

We both gazed at each other for several seconds when suddenly someone knocked at the door. I pulled away from his magnetizing stare and looked at the door.

"Farhan? Ayesha? Come on. It's time for the rituals," Humeyra's voice yelled. I walked towards the door and opened it. Humeyra looked at me and her mouth twisted in a teasing smile at my reddened face.