Chapter 14

I found Tanner like how anyone would find the Eiffel Tower. He stood out in my eyes now. The only problem with that was that he was heading out and Nalani was coming our way with Jess. I couldn't leave Niko because he still has no clue where Tanner is, even when I told him and pointed him out.

Niko let out a few curses, pulling me to a stop. Nalani came up looking back and forth at us two. She squinted her eyes a little and pulled me away.

"You're not cheating on Ryot are you, because I've heard some stuff and this is the second time I've seen you with this guy. And we're in a different state now," she said lowly in my ear.

Oh how I wish it was that easy.

"No. You know me, Nalani. Ryot's my first so why would I be hanging out with all these guys?"

"You're right I guess... So he's your first?"

I facepalmed and sighed shaking my head. "No, Lani, not like that. Jeez. Everything is still intact."

"Not for long," she sang with a little wink.

I shook my head at her and went back over to Niko. She trailed behind, but kind of stopped like she was trying to remember something.

"Do I know you?"

Niko's cheeks burned bright red. "Uh sort of. We've met before."

"Where?"

"The party-"

"No. I know it wasn't there," she stood toe-to-toe to really look him in the eye. "Maybe it's just me."

"Maybe. But I have to get going. Aeron?"

I waved bye and left with Niko. He looked a bit shaken up but at the same time happy. Shaken up because he actually talked to Nalani, but happy that it happened. Even if he couldn't say he's her brother.

Just when I thought I lost Tanner sure enough he popped up again. But that's not how I wanted to find him. So Niko and I slowed down as the crowd kind of stopped. We tried pushing past some people, but they wouldn't move. We had to circle all the way around to get in the middle.

"Stop," I yelled at Tanner.

He saw me and I shook my head. Ryot and Asher were fighting on the ground. Tanner was about to break it up, but went back into the crowd. Ryot didn't need to see his dad that way. So I slowly went up to the two not too close where I would get hit, but close enough.

"Ryot."

He looked up and Asher almost went in to punch him. I stopped his hand. The two glared at each other and backed away.

"Don't look at me like that," Ryot said lowly.

I glanced at Tanner and he gave me a subtle nod. "Come on."

The crowd dispersed before anyone could do anything about it. I scanned for Tanner and found him in the bleachers. I dragged Ryot with me towards him and he stopped abruptly.

"Aeron, what the hell?"

"I know, but-"

"No. You don't know. He-"