Chapter 15

Alfred POV

I was a second son of a pair of odds Alpha/Luna from Northern Lake Pack. Being a second child, I don't need to shoulder a duty as a future Alpha. Life was going on in great ways. I mean my parents really an understanding and usher us to life to fullest.

They shower us with the undying warmth of love and great parents. They joke around and when they need to be strict, they will be worse than a demon could be. Life was fully enjoyable the moment my brother and I start our high school.

We were adventure around the world without any restriction. Albert is a serious type. He takes every single thing as a serious matter. However, nobody could refrain themselves from laughing whenever he cracks the jokes.

Allison is four years above me. She takes a lot of our mother trait and the most poisonous sarcastic girl. Whomever is destiny to be her mate should have a great Beijing Wall to counter her brutal side. Despite that, I'm so happy for having a great parent and sibling.

I was nervously waiting my destiny one. The one who could be my one and only lifetime partner. I never care whether my mate is male or female as long as they're my mate. I believe everything happens had its very great reason.

My brother also not found his mate yet and currently in Alpha camp. After he left home, I feel so much lonely. He and me so close whereas we were always together whenever we were going and always share ours embarrasses secret to each other. A secret we can't share with our dad. Their hand was fully occupied with the pack and our family business.

An Alpha titles not my desire. I love managing a big company that provides a lot challenging. That why me being a second son not is a problem at all because I never intend to running a pack. I have never competed the position with my brother because it was his birthright. I'm a freedom type person and never like to be restrained only in one spot.

Furthermore, in a couple of days, The Moon Goddess will revealed who my mate. The anticipated make my life nervous as a hell. I need the person to make me whole.

Then the dark episode happens in a blink of eyes. The day where I had lost the most an important person in my life. I'm devastated the moment when the mating thread snaps inside me. The pain was unbearable making me fell down on the spot where I stand. My family surrounds me as a defended wall.

I'm black out when I saw a big rogue wolf lung to Albert direction. I wake up a day after the hell finally ended. We almost lost one per third quartet members. The grief blankets every heart in my pack. Dad felt really useless because letting so many members died on his watched.

Dad asked me why I'm suddenly falling in the midst of fierce battle. Tears follow up their question, uninvited tears. They let me alone before I voice to visit every fallen member. First, they were refusing to let me, but my resolve makes them back off.

I walked around the pack ground; the beautiful land had changed to ashes field. The crying and scream filled the ground as new musical rhythm to replace the serenity we had before. Why the big rogue group targeted us? We just a small pack that not worth for their victory.

I know my family eyeing every step I taken in detailed. They just give me a space to walk alone. The pack members also watch me with a mixed feeling but ignore them like nothing.

Finally, I reached to the fallen members spot. All the fallen body had been clean as they can. Some were beyond recognized. I walked slowly, taking my time to detect a special scent. I walked passed one to another corpse till a faint scent contact my nose.

Oh my god.... Why he keep us distant? He should have known I'm his mate since a year ago because he was a year above me. My brother's best friend and was his Beta. I'm rarely social with my brother's group. I thought he hated me when he always to avoid our touch each other or in the same room more than five minutes. Now, I know what his reason was.