Chapter 30

Rylan POV

Recently, I keep feeling the pains over my whole body. I don't know what the cause either. My sleep also filled by a nightmare. The nightmare about someone dead, by someone I mean Ivan. He dies countless times in my nightmares. The thought about it did not sit very well with me.

The rogues attack becomes more and more fierce with each passing day. Until now, we still can't locate their hideout or true motive. Since the day Ralph warned, I have been careful around Allen. I have changed him to home schooling even he did protest.

Every time, Alfred stepped into the battle, I feel restless because his healing ability start showing deteriorates sign. According to Miranda, this was due the losing of his mate. Two days ago, Albert had severe wound when defended the pack territory. Fortunately, his heal kicking faster because he has a true mate beside him. The world begins to spin in wrong turn.

My skin also paler as if my body didn't get enough nutrient. I never neglect my health but it still didn't improve even after I take the supplement. Last time when I got into this when I was pregnant. I'd tried the pregnancy test but the result was negative. Did the rejection sign start kick off?

"What you dream of, babe?" A kiss landed on my neck.

"Nothing, just am thinking about some business matter." I kiss his left cheek. "How about the rogue issue? Any improvement?"

"Not yet, but we have received some disturbing info this morning." He sighed and taken a seat beside me.

"What news?" I put my hand on his hand.

"Ivan just relayed a news about the recent attacked at his pack. The attacker had annihilated his patrol team in cruel ways. Albert is in his ways to Ivan's pack for further information. What I know Ivan in unstable emotion. He was seeking a vengeance upon his patrol team dead." He hugs my waist.

"Aren't that is a dangerous thing to do? And he is an alpha... what will happen if something goes wrong?" My heart was beating crazily upon the thought. I try my best to calm myself.

"Yeah but I can understand his emotion when it involved pack's member. And, his pack was priority bond over everything meaning they were so close like a big family." He said with an awes flash in his eyes.

"And, I'm thinking the rejection from his mate make him feel like the shit and not care about anything else anymore. He didn't think about himself safety like the mates couple. In simple word, he doesn't care even it is costing his life because nobody waiting his return." A guilty displayed on his calm face.

"Not your fault, Love. He deserved it..." He stares straight into my eyes as if seeking the true answer.

Did he really deserve it? Have everything I do to justify my revenge or for my love to Alfred? I confused now... confused by how the fate played his part in our lives. Not the fate but the choice I'd make for myself.

Will I feel the regret if one day I get the news regarding Ivan dead? I don't know the answer yet because right now my heart filled with anger and disgusted toward Ivan. Even the pull mate can't erase the feeling I contained in my heart.

But, the small voice in my head said it will too late if we ever feel the regret after he dead. Does he really love me as he claimed? Or, does he just to complete himself as a werewolf? Our last encountered also look shallow as if he was hide something from me.

"Babe, are you okay?" Alfred studies me carefully.

"Yes, I'm." My voice sound so small to convince him