Chapter 33

Rylan POV

I feel worried so much. I know something bad will happen soon. Why it must happen now? Why the fates never leave me alone? I am tired with all this bullshit. I just wanted the piece of peaceful life until I pass away. Is it my wish was too much to grant?

"Alpha, Kai's mate is here." My ear perk up when one of the warriors. The warrior notices me, and whispering to Albert. My feeling was niggling with the suffocated pain. It is like my lung lack of air. The weird purplish scratch mark also appeared on my skin.

"What is going on?" I ask once the warrior disappeared behind the oak door. "Have they found my husband and son?" Albert sighed and averted his eye from me.

"I want you to stay calm no matter what I'm going to tell you." Albert plops down into his leather chair while staring into me.

"Damn it! What is actually going on? Have they found them or not?" I walked to his desk. He sharply stares me.

"Listen it calmly, Ry. They have found Alfred and Allen... but it didn't mean they're back without any scratched. The truth was Alfred in the brink of dead door. They have sent him into the operation room. For Allen, we still could not determine how much damage he have taken. His body had healed all the tortured effect." My body was shaking with the news.

No! This is a lie, right? My body swayed, but luckily, Albert saves me from fall down. Albert's eye was registered with pain too. His eyes were glistering like a glass. Whom not when the victim is he own brother. My world seems shattered by the news.

"I need to meet them now. I want to see their condition." I can feel the panic attack surging inside me. The worst had happened. The worst that I pray to avoid.

"Calm down, Ry. Calm down, or I wouldn't let you go there." Albert's voice filled with the authority that making there is not any room to argue back.

Why the entire bad things always revolve around me? What is my sin that I need to shoulder all this bad karma? I slowly trot behind Albert, tried my best to hide all the turmoil feeling I restore inside. I know Albert never back off once he is giving any rules or orders.

The walk feels like a thousand years. I wished I can walk faster, but the feeling I barely can contain will expose if I take the lead. The pack member's eyes staring into me with sympathizing. My heart pound willfully as we are close to the door where they have place Allen.

My hand shaking badly as I pull the doorknob, Albert nods as a signal for me to open it. He retreats to another room where my husband supposed to be in. I slowly pull the handle as it slowly reveals a small curling body on white bed. I run fast to his side.

I pull down the white sheet to reveal the kid with tears stained face. He flinched and pulled away when I try to touch him. The rejected make my heart race with worry. What they have done to him? He is just a small boy. Why they are so heartless to damage him?

"No... go away." He scream filled the room. His attitude as if he still had been trapped in some nightmare.

"Baby, it is me, your papa." Hoping the kid will snap from his bad dream. My heart swells with a scare. What have they done to reduce him to this? The light of mischievous and happy good lucky boy was missing from his eyes. They were replaced by a scared and traumatic emotion.

I tried to reach him again. And, he retreats again until his back was trapped in between the bedpost and me. "Baby, this is me, your papa. You are safe now. " He is wails and struggling from my embrace.