Chapter 4: The Red Wolf

"No. It's not happening."

"Well the only other option is the floor."

"I'll take the floor then! I am not sharing a bed with you."

"We're mates. It isn't that big of a deal."

"I don't care! I am not sharing a bed with you."

"Fine. Suit yourself!"

Ethan's last sentence was said with a little anger. It had been five days now and I had still not been able to escape. He had gathered that I wanted to but wasn't going to permit it. He was keeping me here a prisoner! Ethan had overlooked the fact that I was a rogue. Or at least that was how he acted. In all honesty he had been amazing with how he treated me. Well except for my room confinement. I wasn't allowed anywhere else. Over the past five days I had gotten to know him well as our conversations were mostly one sided. I didn't talk much cause I didn't want to let anything slip or feel obligated to tell him anything of importance. Because of this he still didn't know much about me. I was thankful that he didn't push the matter too hard. I had told him basic stuff like how my favorite color was maroon and how old I was. He spent a lot of time with me in his room though he did have to go occasionally for Alpha duties and such. Apparently he had taken the next two weeks off from his job. He had brought me more clothes to wear, clean ones, and had given me back my backpack. At first he had asked why I had so little but eventually dropped it.

We were arguing now because he had decided to take back his room. Or 'our room' as he now referred to it. It aggravated me. This wasn't going to happen! It couldn't!! We stood before each other glaring with our arms folded. Ethan was shirtless with only plaid pajama pants on. It was delicious to see him like this but oh so distracting. It was all I could do not to stare at his muscular chest and six pack. But staring into his cold blue eyes wasn't easy either. They looked like they would impale you if they could. I wasn't going to lose though. I stared back making sure my anger was evident. With a sharp exhale of air he turned around and got in bed turning the lights off. I had snagged a pillow and blanket and made myself comfortable on the floor. I was adamant.

There was an awkward silence between us. Probably the first there had ever been between us. I was thankful I couldn't see him. This was all around uncomfortable. With a great sigh I heard him get up out of bed. and walk over to where I was stretched out on the floor. I propped myself up on one arm looking up into his undefined face. I was about to speak when he moved again. Crouching beside me he tossed the blanket off of me. Then sparks erupted. Oh these things made me drunk almost. His arm slid underneath my legs while the other grabbed me around the waist. I was carried by him over to the empty spot in the bed which he had vacated and laid down. With a swift movement the covers were over me. Ethan then proceeded to turn around and take my spot on the floor. My heart clenched. He treated me so well and I was giving him nothing.

The next morning I didn't feel so sorry for him however. The sounds of birds chirping had awoken me. I laid in bed still sleepy snuggling into the pillow even more. When I had settled again I noticed the tickling on my neck. It was light like a feather but not a specific object. And it was warm. I tried to think of what it could be but my brain was all hazy from the tingling feeling which had been going on for a while. Wait. My eyes shot open and I became alert immediately. I then took note of the wonderful hazy tingly feeling in my stomach and the two strong arms wrapped around my waist. OH NO HE DIDNT!

I jumped into action trying to push the man next to me away. But he was a solid rock and only swayed a bit. The only thing I managed to do successfully though was push myself off the bed like a complete idiot. Realizing there was no longer a bed under me I let out a strange squeal before plopping down hard on the wooden floor with my butt.