10

"It is as impossible to find a perfect man as it is to find 100 percent pure gold."

Chapter Ten

-3:42 pm-

"You obviously don't have to go especially if you're gonna feel uncomfortable. But I'll be there, Sunhye probably will be too, I just can't promise that." I could clearly hear Jiho sigh on the other side of the phone, "I'll be there... you can just stay with me."

"I'd like that." I whispered, but loud enough to where he could probably hear me.

"I can pick you up around eight then."

"What do I wear?"

"Something short and tight? Man, that sounded raunchy, I'm sorry." I blushed hearing his soft chuckle.

"No it's fine, I understand." All I had to do was go into Ming's closet and search around. I was bound to find something in there for sure.

"If you want a pair of jeans would work. Really whatever you're comfortable with Chan."

"And you'll stay with me?"

"Of course."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

-8:26 pm-

There was no backing out now. Not one bit. Here I stood in a short mint skirt with a tight black dress shirt tucked in with my black high top converse on, arm linked with Jiho's about to head into an atmosphere I've never been. An actual party. Not one that your friends throw to watch tv and eat food, but one with alcohol, loud music and dancing; a club. Not my scene, but there's always a first.

"They're gonna check ID, so have it out." I nodded, "hey, how old even are you? If I ask."

"Almost twenty." I responded moving closer to him hoping to lose the looks of wandering eyes.

"Well fuck, you're really that young?" Jiho chuckled, "I'm guessing you've never been to something like this?"

"Nope."

"Hmm, well don't worry I won't leave you."

"Thank you."

Once inside, the stench of alcohol was overwhelming. Music blared as both girls and guys danced along to their hearts contents. It was a foreign concept to begin to wonder why people would want to drink a substance that alters the way you think. Was it really that much fun? Just letting go for a night and forgetting things? Maybe making bad decisions with no recollection of the previous night was a thrill for some people. But I sure wasn't one of them, my night wouldn't be going along those lines.

"Hey! Chan!" My heart leapt seeing Sunhye approach me, "you look so good, like seriously never thought I'd see you wear something like this!" She hugged me,

"Got it from Ming's closet. I had to find stuff too small on her." I giggled,

"I was gonna say! You don't own clothes like that." She smiled at me, then looked to my side where Jiho stood, "please take care of her."

"I will." I flinched feeling his hand on my waist. He must've noticed because he placed his whole arm around me.

"I'll see you later then hopefully." Sunhye smiled, approving of my current company.

"Okay see you."

"Would you like to go dance?" Jiho faced me, continuing to touch my sides.

"I-I guess." Luckily the darkness of the room was able to shield my massive blush. I hope the flashing lights weren't too revealing.