23

"A light heart lives long."

Chapter Twenty-Three

Jiho: hey princess, I'm sorry but I gotta cancel our lunch, stuck in the studio

A sad smile adorned my lips; it was more common for him to bail on our time together these two weeks. But I wasn't picky or uptight, this was his job, his whole entire life. And I wasn't needy or going to get on him about that kind of stuff like most girls would- I wasn't too bothered anyways.

Me: it's okay~ another time then

Jiho: definitely <3

I really was looking forward to lunch, so it was a let down for sure. But of course I had to forgive him, things like this can't just manifest because then they can easily one day explode.

The day continued on slowly and without anything interesting happening. With school slowly closing in, Jiho's schedule hardly lightening up. From being in LA for awhile to pretty much daily life, I was afraid that the "honeymoon" phase was over and we would realize how much it wouldn't work out. It was a scary thought for me at least; he was such a great support system. I adored him, really starting to need him too.

Lucas: yo yo lets go get some dinner

It was if my friend knew I was lounging on my couch bored out of my mind with nothing to occupy my time.

Me: yah sure! when and where?

Lucas: normal place and @ 7 ;)

Me: okay, see you in 30

Sure, it was last minute but getting to spend time with my friend was all that mattered.

But guilt started to creep into my mind as I thought of how Jiho would feel about me going to dinner with Lucas, someone he didn't like. Would he get mad- most likely. Would he be outwards about it- probably... Jiho wasn't one to really hide his emotions and how he felt; he said what he thought he needed to say no matter what. I didn't want to deal with a backlash or make him mad. But I didn't want to cancel on Lucas like what my boyfriend did to me.

My hands were awkwardly sweaty as I entered one of my favorite restaurants side by side with Lucas. Maybe now would be a good time to talk with him about Jiho... I didn't want him to think I was just avoiding him.

"Two?" the waitress looked at us,

"Yep." we silently followed behind her as she led us to our table; we took our seats across from one another.

"I feel like we haven't hung out in forever dude." Lucas said as he flipped through the menu.

"Yah... I know."

"Are you okay? It's just lately you've seemed kinda distant about stuff."

There was really no way for me to lead into the conversation I wanted to have, so I just said it, "Jiho doesn't like you... he doesn't want us hanging out like this."

"Oh damn well..." he frowned, "he does realize we're only friends right?"

"Try telling him that... cause I have."