22

"A bad beginning makes a bad ending."

Chapter Twenty-Two

-last summer-

"I'm serious about that Chan. Literally there was no way possible for me to have passed that class!" Lucas wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"That's what I thought when I took advanced calc! And I passed!"

"Um yah but, you're like a genius."

"Far from it!" The sun beamed, breeze flowed, and the energy of everyone was high. School was out for university students, a long drooling year was finally put behind them all. I was more than happy that it was over for a few months, "we really gotta do something interesting this summer."

"For once? I know."

"Maybe we could take a trip? Leaving the country would be nice." It was just a thought; there were so many places I wanted to visit.

"Yah why not!"

"Wait are you serious?"

"Sure. I mean it would be kinda cool to pick up and head somewhere for a little bit."

"Yeah..."

"Wanna?"

I stared at Lucas trying to figure out if he was being truly seriously, "Like actually?"

"Hell yah! It's summer let's go!"

"Okay I'll do some research tonight and we'll be gone!" The thought of finally getting to go somewhere was beyond exciting. I've only ever been to China and Korea- this was going to be new.

***

"What about Greece?" It was almost midnight and Lucas and I were still trying to figure out where we wanted to go, and quickly too.

"Like Athens? Or what about Zakynthos? I hear the beaches there are beautiful." I spoke into the phone, it felt like this was the right option.

"That would be pretty rad. Let's do it."

"Which place?"

"Both?"

"Lucas we don't have that much money..."

"Alright true true... lets go to Athens cause its such an iconic place." The growing excitement was evident in my friends voice.

"I'll book a flight for tomorrow then?"

"Hell yah lets do this."

***

Being in another country, one like Greece, was nothing but magical. The historical, classical feel was overwhelming and a strange sense of nostalgia lingered in the air. All the old buildings, art, statues were absolutely priceless and definitely worth coming all this way for. People were scattered about either taking pictures of anything, buying food, or just going about their day.