25

"Coming events cast their shadows before them."

Chapter Twenty-Five

I watched Chan's smaller hand fit in Jiho's perfectly. Skinship had become a normal, natural thing in their relationship rather quickly I noticed. Just looking over at the two, I could see just how content they looked. It was nice seeing my best friend happy and deeply in love. It seemed to bring out another side to him that was foreign to us all. And Chan was perfect for him.

It was actually pretty nasty seeing how they interacted- seeing the love in Jiho's eyes and how they just swooned over each other. All I know is that it's leaving the rest of us gagging.

"You two are disgusting." I scoffed loud enough so they could hear, whipping out my phone. Before I would get 'beat up' I snapped a few pictures.

"Kyung shut up, and delete those seriously." Jiho glared as Chan hid her face into his arm.

"But you two look sooo cute." I smirked. It was easy to push Jiho's buttons, get him pissed. And It was almost easier to make Chan flustered and embarrassed.

"Seriously fucking knock it off." Jiho didn't care about the teasing, you could harass him for hours on end and he would threaten back. But as soon as Chan was thrown into the equation, everything became much more serious. He cared about her more than himself. Which would be a first time for him- Jiho came first to Jiho, especially with music, and that was just how it was...

Until these past few months.

It was worrisome for us all to watch how careful Jiho was with shielding Chan from his world. We obviously understood why, but eventually his efforts were all going to come crashing down.

***

"Princess take my hand please." I cooed into Chan's ear, my hands stuck onto her waist.

She stood frozen in her tracks, eyes widened, "I-I can't do this Jiho.." her voice was quiet and shaky.

"Trust me I know, but I'll be there and Kyung will be too." I was blind this whole time, completely forgetting about the press, media and fans. I almost forgot that I could never have a normal relationship with the girl I loved.

"I-I-"

"Channie we'll be right here." Kyung cut in.

Taking off my sunglasses and hat, I gave them to Chan, "put these on, at this rate there's no lying about who you are." the fear was noticeable in her eyes, she was scared, "fuck I never wanted this to happen..." I muttered under my breath, loud enough for my friend to hear, as he gave me a sympathetic look.

It all happened in a flash as we stepped outside. Flashing light, yelling, it was stuff I was used to by now; but my anxiety was through the roof as I gripped onto Chan. I didn't want this for her, I didn't want the fans finding out about my relationship- this would ruin her.

Opening the car door, I pushed Chan into the back following behind her; Kyung took the drivers seat, "I'm so sorry baby."

"I-It's okay..." she sat there shaking in my arms.

"We should've talked about this, we should've thought of something-"

"Please Jiho just-" pressing my lips to hers, I didn't want to hear what she had to say. I was in the wrong and needed to fix this.

"You know it's gonna go down hill from here right?" I looked her in the eyes, "people will start figuring out who you are, the hate will pour in and fuck there'll be nothing I can do Chan I'm so sorry."

Within minutes my phone started to blow up with messages, and social media was on fire. My chest tightened at the hateful comments already starting to pour in. I wouldn't be able to protect her from all this, but I knew I had to at least try- no one knows a damn about the girl I love had no right to say any of the things they're saying.

***

My mind was blank as I laid on Jiho's bed, snuggled underneath the covers. I read hundreds of hateful comments about me, already articles were out about "Zico's Mystery Girl", and then I knew I was blessed having all my social medias private. I was scared and reading so many nasty comments about me... it was hard. It felt like the life was being sucked out of me, I felt empty. Maybe all those girls were right saying I should die....

"Do you care if I sleep with you tonight?" Jiho walked out of his bathroom, fresh clothes on and wet hair from a shower.

"Y-yah that's okay... we've been together for awhile." Going on six months to be exact; next week.

"Good. Besides, I don't feel comfortable leaving you alone. I trust you, but being alone with your own thoughts can be dangerous." I knew what he meant. He was scared that'd I'd hurt myself or do something stupid- I couldn't blame him though, they're seeming like good options now.

"Yeah... I don't blame you..."

"Are you feeling like you want to-"

I replied simply, "Yes."

"Well then I won't be leaving your side soon." The weight on the bed shifted as Jiho climbed in, taking a close spot next to me. Resting myself against him, it felt good to be held by someone and especially now, "wake me up if you need me." turning off the light, everything went pitch black.

Laying there in the bed, Jiho's arms tightly around my frame, I felt nauseous. So much was whirring through my mind that I knew I wouldn't be sleeping... there was too much wrong, everything was going to change. The news will be about Jiho's scandal involving me a simple girl who they'll rip apart. What if my life changed due to his fans, all the press coverage. My boyfriend wouldn't even let me look at my phone once we got into the car earlier. Most likely there would be missed calls and messages- but I don't blame him for taking it.

I was scared, but he probably was even more.

[sorry I haven't updated in such a long time

[sorry I haven't updated in such a long time. I hit a writers block and such... I just started on a new G-Dragon fanfic it'd be cool if you checked it out.]