Michael woke up a few hours later, and instead of being in the tub he was on the floor with the sack made of ropes over him. He hissed when he saw the Captain of the ship smiling deviously at him.

"I see you tried to escape"

"Yes. And I'll gladly do it again" Michael spat.

"We'll see about that" the captain said before walking to his cabin. "Kill him boys" he waved his hand in dismissal before closing the door to his chamber.

A few sailors walked over to Michael and when one of them opened the sack the merman punched him in the face, he wasn't much for violence but in this case this is what he needed to do in order to survive. The sailor that was hit stumbled back with his nose bleeding, another tried to grab at Michael's tail but he swung it against their head. The third sailor went for Michael's arms but the merman had already punched him in his manhood.

It was too late for the other sailors to do something as Michael crawled to the edge of the ship and sat on it. "Say my farewells to the captain" he waved at the sailors that ran over to him, a cute smile on his lips as he fell backwards into the water and swam anywhere away from the ship.

Michael was lost, he doesn't think he has ever been in this part of the ocean. He doesn't go further anyway. He fought against some cold currents; the waves of the ocean where strong against his fast movements and sometimes threw him offguard.

One of the waves made him roll back, making him almost hit his head against a big rock. He was going north is the only thing he knew. The waters where different here but he kept going, thinking he must be close to the islands on the Caribbean but what he didn't know was that the islands where on the opposite of where he was going.

*

Three days later after the race Luke and Pengui did every week, Luke found himself on the edges of the Arctic Ocean. Sometimes he just hated living there, he had no friends --just Pengui-- but the penguin didn't speak and the blonde just fell overwhelmed. He wanted to talk to someone who will answer to him, he wanted a mer-friend. He loved the penguin with all his soul, but the constant teasing of the people around him made him feel useless and he just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

Luke has heard stories about what happened to mermaids that lived in the colder parts of the Ocean, who went to warmer ones. They got sick to the point where they couldn't even swim anymore and died a painful death.

He shivered at the thought of that happening to him. But sometimes he couldn't help himself and his need to escape this place, even bring Pengui with him if he could. But he knew Pengui wouldn't last, hell he himself wouldn't last much either.

He has never touched warm water, even though he finds himself at the edge of it constantly. Fearing the worst he never crosses the waters that not only are different in heat but in color. The colder waters always contained a dark blue color, and the warmer always radiated a more darker green/blue.

Luke was so bored of the coldness, of the same thing everyday. He wanted to explore the ocean completely, see new merpeople, new animals, new continents, even see the so called humans he has heard. People like him but with feet. Luke can't imagine himself with feet, walking out of the water, his love for the ocean was far too much to leave it. He just wished life wasn't so cruel and he could escape the freezing waters.