"Michael wake up, please" Luke dared to brush his fingers against the other merman's cheek.

He kept brushing his fingers against the soft skin until Michael finally woke up, his eyes fluttering open and looking straight at Luke's blue and white eyes.

"Your eyes are so beautiful" Michael blurted out, making Luke's eyes widen and step back so the other one can sit up.

Luke shakes his head, tugging at his white roots. "They're not that interes--"

"Yes they are Luke! The blue is the same shade as the sky and the white is the same as the iceberg we're sitting on" Michael brushes his hand against the snow. "It's honestly so pretty"

The white haired merman has his mouth open in shock, his eyes trained on Michael completely in awe. The other merman smiles before giving Luke a peck on his cheek, watching as his cheeks turn a pretty shade of pink.

"I like the red on your cheeks. It's a nice constract of warm in all this cold" Michael chuckles, seeing his scales are turning a dark blue color and have ice on them. "This is not normal" he comments.

Luke eyes the once vibrant color of Michael's tail as is now a darker color, ice layers all over it. Michael moves his tail and watches as the ice crumbles all over.

"So, what's the plan? Are you going to give me the map and I'll go--"

"What?" Luke gulps, he doesn't want Michael to go. He knows the merman will have to go one way or another but he wants the adventure of going with him, even if he doesn't make it. He needs to get out of here. "I thought I was going with you?"

Michael watches as Luke's eyes get teary and he instantly feels bad, he doesn't know exactly why the merman is crying. Is it because he  hates it here? Wanted adventure? Wanted Michael?

"Why are you crying?" Michael gets closer to Luke and takes his face in his hands, watching as the boy lets silent tears and a few sniffles.

"I hate it here" Luke cries harder, his tears sticking to his cheeks as they turn to ice. Michael awkwardly brushes them away. "I have no friends, everyone looks at me weird. I hate it! Take me away, Michael. Take me away!" the white haired boy screams taking his hands in his own.

"You will die" Michael whispers.

"I don't care!" Luke yells and Michael pulls him closer to his body, their contact not feeling as bad as yesterday. Which meant that Michael was loosing his warmth already.

Luke's cries subside and Michael smiles at him when the white haired merman separated himself from him. "Let's make a promise" Michael offers, the other merman sniffles and nods. "If I take you with me, you will get back." Luke's whole face lits up and his suggestion. "But you have to promise with your heart that you will get back, for me" Luke nods and makes a crossing sign against his chest to show Michael he is serious about it.

Just then, Pengui walks over to them emitting a sad whine which Luke understands. "Don't worry, Pengui. I will come back soon enough. I love you." he caresses the penguin's head. "And remember don't let anyone hurt you and just ignore what they say. You're a wounderful penguin and if they can't see that they're wrong" Luke kisses his head and the penguin makes a happy sound, hugging Luke's torso.