Luke woke up startled when a wave washed over him, he looked around and smiled tiredly. He was in an island, a palm tree was covering him completely so he wouldn't get sunburnt. He looked up just in time to see a few birds flying over him in direction to the island.

The sand around him was dry, sea weed was everywhere and so where pretty shells in different colors. He could even see a few orange starfishs a few feet awat from him.

Luke wanted to stay here so much but he knew he had to get back, he made a promise but that promise was long forgotten to him. Michael forgot about him already, he can just stay here and enjoy the different kinds of sea animals around him.

His death was nearing and he could actually feel it and see it. His tail wasn't white anymore but a grey color; he saw the reflection of his face in the water and saw that his hair was blond and not the white color his roots once were. He felt physically sick, like he barely could move. Even his blue eye looked the color of his white one.

Crabs crawled over his tail and he smiled, he wouldn't mind dying on the bottom of the ocean on the sand next to the crabs, all around sea weed and pretty colored fishes. It was enough to make him happy, he just wished he could've said a better goodbye to Pengui.

*

Michael's eyes were red from crying and barely catching up on sleep. He had looked everywhere for Luke, asked everyone even fishes but no one knew where the blond merman was.

The ocean was big and Luke could be anywhere.

A flash of sunlight hit his skin making it glow, his mind going crazy. He swam up and at the very far he saw an island and what he could muster as a merman, Luke.

He dove back under the sea and swam fastly in the direction of the island. Before he could even get there, Luke was already swimming his way.

"Luke! I'm so glad I-- Luke?"

The merman passed next to him like he didn't even knew who Michael was or like he couldn't hear him.

Michael stared at the blond merman that swam away from him and got closer to the bottom of the ocean. He furrowed his eyebrows before swimming after him.

"Luke what are you doing?" he asked next to him but all Luke did was keep his neutral expression in front of him. "You're supposed to get back home... You're going to die if you don't..."

"I know" Luke answered, his eyes still looking ahead of him as his tail moved slowly against the waters.

"What?" Michael asked in shock for a moment, even stopping. He swam under Luke before stopping in front of him. "You promised me you will go back, with your heart" Michael pointed at Luke's chest where his heart should be.

"Yeah well I don't care" Luke snapped, swimming around Michael.

The blue haired merman stayed put for a moment, trying to get his thoughts in order as he processed what was happening in that moment.

"Why?" he whispered, not even looking at Luke but at the sand beneath him.

Luke was a few feet away already and Michael's voice was low but he heard it. He turned around, not expecting to see Michael looking so defeated with slump shoulders and teary eyes.