I feel like I make SweetMikey have mixed emotions about this story, lmao sorry! I hope you still like this chapter x

also, this chapter is dedicated to PanicCliffordx because they loved the last chapter so I hope you like this one as well ✨

*

Michael didn't really know what to do, his throat hurts from crying and his eyes were red, he must not have noticed when he fell asleep on top of Luke's body.

It's when he feels fingers brushing delicately on his back that it makes him shiver is when he wakes up, blinking his still red eyes up at Luke who is looking at him tiredly; his once white hair completely blond now.

"You're alive" Michael whimpers, taking Luke's face in his hands. "You asshole! I thought you were dead" his eyes sting with tears one more time and he didn't think he could cry more.

Luke chuckles, his breathing is a little slower and his body feels like it's dying. But he can make it. He can survive this. "It's going to take so much to get rid of me, Mike" Luke's eyes are half closed when Michael kisses his parted lips for a moment.

"Do you-- do you think you can--?"

"Of course, Michael. Anything for you" Luke cuts him off, smiling while he caress Michael's soft cheek.

"We should move, now." Michael helps Luke get up, he tries to put his arms around Luke but the now blond boy refuses.

*

"I can't believe a shark and a giant octopus attacked us, all in one day" Luke comments.

Michael snorts while shaking his head. "The Atlantic Ocean has lots of weird creatures, nobody knows if some of them are myths or not."

"That's so cool. Back home, nothing is really as interesting as here. The coldness surrounds the place and there isn't lots of fishes like here." Luke swims in front of Michael, he has a smile on his face and if Michael didn't knew him from the past few days he would think that Luke was alright when his body said otherwise.

Luke's white fin was turning a grey color and the ends of his fins that where once a dark blue color looked pale. His body was loosing color and his obvious white hair was now blond. Michael had started to regret bringing him but by the way Luke swam so swiftly against the warm waters with the biggest smile on his face, emitting content sighs was worth it. He just didn't want Luke to die.

Michael heard a swishing sound and he looked up, noticing cold currents going to the direction they where going.

Cold. Cold currents.

"Luke!" Michael yelled to the merman, Luke turned around startled. "Look up!"

Luke looked up, noticing the paler currents. "What--"

"They are cold currents, Luke. These will take us home in no time, and they will keep you cold"

Luke smiled and grabbed Michael's hand, swimming up. They were now next to it, looking at how the water passed fastly. The once white haired merman wrapped his arms around Michael's waist.