Chapter 12

I woke up to see the sun shining down upon me and Nate, I looked down to see our bodies entwined with each other. I smiled to myself and bit my lower lip. Suddenly Nate's eyes opened revealing his amazing green eyes that made me melt twice as more as before. "Good morning!" I greeted him. He smiled and said "Good morning beautiful!" As he kissed my forehead. I was confused by this because I was expecting him to reject me all over again.

"Why?" I asked him,

His eyebrows came together and he asked "What do you mean?" I bit my lower lip nervously and whispered "Why are you not rejecting me? or perhaps why do you keep on rejecting me? .... I thought having a mate was suppose to be happy... You know once you see each other you hug and stuff, get to know each other and live happily ever after or something," I felt nervous and silly asking that question but since it would be me and Nate from now on, I guess I just had to know.

Nate sighed making my heart skip a beat. Didn't he want to tell me? Or will he finally change his mind and reject me... again? or will he tell me the truth? Nate then looked at me and said "Never again," I just stared into his eyes trying to figure out what was he telling me. He smiled and said "Never again would I reject you Skye Hale, Why would I? Now that everybody knows about me and you, I don't need to reject you anymore. The reason I rejected you before was because I was scared what your Alpha would do to you. I know I can beat your Alpha any day but I respect each pack's rules," My heart soared again as he told me why he rejected me. What I was feeling inside was something I couldn't put in words. So all this time thinking I wasn't good enough, he was actually trying to protect me.

I smiled brightly and without hesitation I jumped on top of him, kissing and hugging him. We both started laughing, finally feeling of being free, loving freely and especially the feeling of happily in love. We didn't know each other very well but all we knew was that me and Nate were mates, made for each other.

Soon the truck stopped and we heard the driver say "We are here guys, my house is up this hill. So this is your stop," Me and Nate got up and grabbed our bags and I told the driver "Thank you so much sir!" the driver smiled and drove off. Me and Nate turned around to see a breath taking view. "Wow," I whispered, I felt eyes on me and saw Nate looking right at me. He smiled and slowly held my hand. "This is all ours mate," he said, my heart jumped a little as he called me 'mate'. I smiled at me and we slowly walked towards the beach. When we found a good spot to rest, we put our bags down and took off our shoes to feel the soft sand beneath our feet.

I didn't know what will happen to me and Nate since we are running away from people who want to kill us, all I know is that we are together, happily and safe, and that's all that matters at the moment. "What now?" I asked Nate but as I looked at him he had a smirk on his face. My eyes widen knowing what he was thinking, I quickly ran away from him but he was too fast. So he easily caught up to me. I let out a squeal as he wrapped his arms around my waist, he spun me around and brought me towards the water. Soon I felt the cold water hit my skin and I screamed once he brought me and him underneath the water.

As we both resurfaced the water, I splashed some water at him. I was having the time of my life, playing around on the beach with my mate, me enemy, the Alpha, Nate.

We got out of the water and I ran to Nate and threw my arms around his neck. He put a strand of wet hair behind my ear and we both looked into each others eyes. "I won't let anyone hurt you," he whispered to me. I then snuggled into his chest and he hugged me back, putting his chin above my head. "I promise," he said as he kissed my head.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

        Nate and I got a towel and laid it out on the sand for us to lay down. We both were staring at the stars. "Nate? What do you think will happen to us?" I asked as I faced him. His face hardened but as he looked at me his face softened then he said "I believe that soon, you'll be my Luna... Then we'll have a family," I wanted to believe him but something deep down inside didn't believe him. "What about Mason and Nikki?" I asked, his eyes darkened once I mentioned the name Nikki. "They'll get tired chasing us, eventually. It's not like they can chase us forever," he said as he looked back at the stars.

Apparently he didn't know Mason like I do, he'll stop at nothing to get what he wants and if he really wants me then he'll never stop chasing. "What if they'll never stop chasing us?" I asked, he looked at me and cupped my face. "Then we'll never stop running. Skye, I will do everything to protect you," he said, making me melt from the inside. Great! Mason chasing us forever? Before I have always wished that Mason would chase me because he wanted me. Now I know why they say 'Be careful what you wish for'.

"Nate... What's your story?" I asked him, and for one brief moment I swear I saw sorrow in his eyes. A sorrow that can cripple you, a sorrow that will always be a constant reminder of why your life isn't the way you wanted it to be. He cleared his throat and said "How about you first?" I smirked and said "Fine," I sat up and crossed my legs and said "When I was little my parents broke up, well, first of all I didn't know the real story until I met Nikki. They broke up because my dad found his true mate, which is Nikki's mom. So you can tell that Nikki is very powerful and more stronger than me. So when my dad had a pup with his mate my mother found out and broke up with my dad. My dad's mate didn't like my dad for marrying someone who isn't his mate so she left my dad. I didn't left my dad though, I loved him too much to do something like that. I grew up with my dad but back then I was like really fat with braces and very bad skin. People used to tease me at school and bully me around. Chloe used to be my best friend but she betrayed me and I moved to Brazil with my mom then became skinny and now here I am running away from home with my mate,"

He chuckled and said "Interesting life," I smiled sheepishly and said "How about you Mr.Sexy?" I can't believe I just said that! He laughed and asked "Really? Mr.Sexy?" We both laughed but as we became quiet, I looked at him and expected him to tell me about his story. He cleared his throat again and said "When I was little I have always wanted to be the Pack Doctor, my parents supported me and said they could always find someone else to be the Alpha, Mason's father killed my sister as you can see my hatred towards Mason and his family but when I turned sixteen my parents had an accident with Jane's parents... Rogues. They tried to attack us. My mom told me to bring Jane as far away as possible. As I was running with Jane, Jane couldn't remember but I saw how the rogues took on both of our parents ripping them limb by limb, seeing the pain through their eyes and how they took their last breath, Their screams haunt me every night," I could feel my eyes filling with tears, sad for Nate. How he had to go through that situation, situations like that only happen in stories.

"I became the Alpha at a very young age and promise both our parents that I would protect the pack and raise Jane. So that's much of my story," he said, as the tears started rolling down my cheek, he leaned in and kissed them away. "What about Nikki? What's her story?" I asked, and I just had to ruin the moment. His face frowned but he only said "Just met her because her pack was our neighbor and she has no rank in there but she was just a fling and nothing more," I did a mental sigh, thanking that nothing serious or really intimate happened between them.

"Well let's get some shut eye then we'll visit a very good friend of mine, maybe she will let us stay there for a while," he said as he laid back down. "She?" I growled, but that was my wolf speaking. He chuckled and said "Don't worry, she is a good friend of my parents, she is old enough to be my mother," I then faced my back at Nate. Scared I might frighten him by making the first move but after a few seconds I felt a pair of strong arms, Nate's arms wrap around my small body. I leaned into him and he kissed my cheek and whispered

"Good night love,"