Chapter 20

"What are you doing here!?" I tried to growl but it came out as a gasp. Since pain was scorching through my whole body. She then slowly made her way towards the bars of my cell, "I'm here to help you," she said as she squatted down to my level. Confusion and doubt filled my body, Chloe was a liar and betrayer. She once told me she would always be there for me and we will always be best friends but then I ended up in the dirt and humiliated just because of a promise that was nothing but a pretty lie.

I snorted and said "Help me? Stop lying and get to the point-- torture me! Say words to me that can pierce my heart! You're good at that anyways," She sighed then said "Yes Skye, I may have hurt you in the past emotionally and physically but that doesn't mean I want you dead," "I'm sorry Chloe but you were 2 years late," I said as I ignore her eyes that were trying to make contact with mine. "Skye, I am truly sorry just let me help you," she said. "Chloe... I don't want your help!" I hissed "But you need my help, if you don't want to be friends with me again-- fine! But at least try to stop the war that is about to happen!" she said as she stood up. "What war?" I asked. "Mason declared war over the Elite pack," she said.

"Stupid Mason, he declared war when he can just do the sneak attack," I said, Chloe growled as I called her mate Stupid. "What do you see in him anyways?" I asked. "Yes, Mason is a douche and a jerk but he is mate. I didn't choose him Skye! And I hate the fact that me and him are mates," she said while folding her arms. "So what if there is war, our pack will lose anyway," I said as I rolled my eyes. Elite pack was the strongest pack in America. You can't beat that.

"Yes we would lose if it isn't for you Skye! You're weak, your mate is Nate! If you are weak then so is he, that's what Mason planned he plans to make you so weak so when the battle starts Nate will be weak and Mason will get the chance to kill him," she said making me tense. She sighed and said "Skye you are his weakness, you are the moon lady! You have to stop this!" I pondered on her words just by the image of Nate being killed by Mason made me angry and sad at the same time. Then unexpectedly I had this strength inside me, I then slowly pushed myself off the ground letting out a few grunts and groans. I stood up straight even though my legs felt wobbly and I could fall any moment but my mate needed me. In times when I was in danger he was always there. I was Nate's only hope and he's all I got. What's stopping me from saving him?

A smile appeared on Chloe's face and she said "Great! Now we have to get you out of there," Then my face dropped, I then lashed out on her "You came here to encourage me but you have no idea how to get me out of here!?" she smiled sheepishly and shrugged her shoulders. I rolled my eyes until I heard coughing from my father's cell. "Leave... *coughs* Leave it to me," he said as he slowly got up. Obviously weak from the beating. "But how..." I trailed off as I saw my father grabbed one bar in each hand. Me and Chloe watched intently. He started pulling two bars apart, at first nothing happened but after a few seconds the two bars started to part. Making my father shout as he successfully pulled them apart allowing his body to pass through the cell.

My father took a few small breaths then he went to my cell bars and started doing the same. Once he opened them apart I threw my arms around his body tears soaking into his dirty bloody shirt. His arms around me soothing my head. "You're gonna be alright Skye," he said as he pulled away and cupped my face "You can do this, you are our only hope," as he smiled. "I love you dad," I said "I love you too."

"Guys, We need to go the war is already starting!" Chloe said, "You guys go ahead while I break Gabriella and Daniel out," my father said as he pushed me and Chloe towards the door. "Dad!" I called out, "We will catch up," he said, Chloe then grabbed my hand we started running.

Who would have known I would save our lives with the person who I hated the most.

Nate's POV