Chapter 7✔️

•Edited•
Layla POV
I walk out of the school doors. This school day is done. Finally, I'm telling you school is way too long.

" hey Layla" Grayson says walking up to me. I stop walking and turn my body to face him.

" hi" I awkwardly say. Since the kiss happened I'm unsure how to feel.

" listen I really really like you and I was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend" Grayson says nervously scratching the back of his neck. Girlfriend? We just kissed a day ago and now girlfriend?

" I.. I.. But if my father" I start. If he ever found out I would be punished badly and so would Grayson.

" we will keep it secret. " he says reassuring me. I think for some time, gathering a list of pros and cons.

" yes" I say jumping onto him and kissing his cheek. I'm not ready for another kiss yet but I really like him. Hopefully nothing goes wrong.

Grayson POV
I finally have the girl I really like. She's gone through so many things. But yet she still fighting through and has never given up. I don't care about my reputation. I'm ready to change. I really want to take her on a date or give her a ride home but if her father new she will get beat. I want to help her but she doesn't want me to. Sometimes I wonder if it would be good to call the police or make things worse.

Layla POV
I can't believe I'm dating Grayson. I really like him and would do anything for him. I walk to my home and see my father with a woman.

" Layla this is my wife Sherri and she will be living with us." He says calmly yet with a hint of aggression that I should behave and all that fun stuff.

" can I have a margarita please?" she asks in a not so nice way.

" um I don't think we have the ingredients" I stutter.

" well go get the ingredients" my father yells at me. I don't want to upset them cause I'm afraid I might get a beating from both.

Wow what a day. I have a boyfriend and now I have a freakin step mom. Great. I walk out the door and grab my phone and call Grayson.

" hello" Grayson says.

" hi sorry to bug you but could you grab these ingredients" I say naming off the ingredients.

" sure babe, why?" He asks. Omg he called me babe. How cute.

" um apparently I have a step mom and I need to make her drinks but I don't have a car to get the stuff" I explain to him, hoping he can help me.

" oh and thanks soooo much" I add using the little charm I have.

" anything for you" he chuckles hanging up.
He meets me at the end of my street and hands over the bag with the ingredients I asked for.

" thanks again" I say. He nods and kisses my cheek.

" here I'll pay you back tomorrow, it's just I don't have.." I start while patting my empty pockets. It's either I win the lottery or I get a job.

" no,no it fine you don't need to pay me back" he says shaking his head as if telling me not to worry.

" no I have too" I say determined to pay him back.

" please it's fine. You need the money more than I do" he says kissing me so I stop talking. I melt against his lips.

" I have to go bye" I say pulling away even though I didn't really want to. If I was gone too long I'd be in pain.

" bye babe" he says driving away using that same nickname that makes me go crazy.

I walk back in and make her drink. Or at least tried my best.

" give it here" she spits. Wow she's just like my father. I pass her drink. I walk back to the kitchen and make them dinner. I set them out on the table and walk upstairs to my bedroom.

I get ready for bed and wait for my beating but it never came. I hear footsteps walk past my room and into another room. I wait and wait until I fall asleep.

I wake up to hear people cooking downstairs. Um.. I get ready and head downstairs. I see Sherri making breakfast. Maybe she's not too bad.

" listen here little brat" she spits. Nope I was wrong she's bad.

" I'm going to cook breakfast, you cook dinner" she says winking.

She's so confusing. I nod and watch my father walk out the door to work. Not even one glance at me.

" hey Layla I know what's been happening but I'm going to try and help. I'll cook breakfast so it's easier to get ready for school. I may sound like a bit*h to you but I'm acting. Ok." She says. What the. How in the world?

" um ok" I say eating some of the breakfast she made and walking to school.

" hey" Grayson says walking up to me.

" oh hi" I reply smiling.

" so what's going on with your step mom" he asks. He looks down at me in concern.

" I'm unsure whether to trust her or not" I say truthfully. I'm honestly so confused. How do I trust a person I barely know.

" hey do you wanna skip school today" he asks smirking.

" um ok" I say. I've never ever skipped school. Here goes nothing.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N
I'm sooo sorry I haven't updated. I was so busy with back to school shopping. So school is in less than a week for me and I will try my hardest to update. Don't forget to Vote and comment what you think.
Bye 😋😋