Chapter 5

Emma's POV

I started packing when I heard my door open. I looked back and saw Killian and continued to pack.

"Dont worry Im leaving." I tell him.

"Swan, you dont have to go." He says.

"No I should go. If your wife founds out  that her baby called me that its bad. She already doesnt like the fact you have a caretaker what happens when she finds out?" I ask.

"Okay listen to me its okay. Shes a baby and it wont make any trouble with my wife. Its okay really." He says.

"Are you sure? Your not mad?" I ask.

"Yes Im sure and no Im not mad. I kinda thought maybe she might say that to you. So its really okay." He says.

"Wait you thought she might call me that?" I ask.

"Yeah. She sees you all the time the others and myself talk about her mom. So its no surprise that she called you that. Im sorry if it bothers you I would understand if you want to leave." He says.

"Well if your really sure your not upset about her calling me that then I guess there is no shame in staying here." I say.

"Good I dont think I could find anyone else that my girls would adjust to so quickly." He says.

I smiled at him and in the moment I wanted to kiss him, but the ring on his finger stopped me.

"Okay I will go get the girls in bed." I say.

"Thank you Swan." He says.

I made sure the kids all went to bed and it was 10pm. I decided to go outside for a walk and found Killian on the steps smoking.

"Thats a bad and nasty habit. You should really quit." I say to him.

"Well I know its bad, but with everything going wrong in my life I really need to smoke." He says.

"Wrong? You have four wonderful little girls, a town of people who care about you, a wife that loves you. What could be so wrong about all that?" I ask him.

"Thats my life Emma and thats whats wrong. Im unhappy." He says.

I sat next to him on the steps and I didnt know what to say. Why is he unhappy? How could someone who has a cute smile be so unhappy. I dont know how but I guess its up to me to find away to make him happy. But how?