Prologue

Once upon a time...long, long ago. Well, more like 5 months ago Prince Ben took me in off the street. Ben's just nice like that. Yeah so instead of taking me back to the crumby orphanage he decided to look after me. We got really close and he became my only family. After a couple of er hard days Ben officially adopted me becoming my legal guardian. Now I'm officially the princess of the United States of Auradon yeah! I'm sure you've heard the Vk's story well this isn't that story...okay it is but this time it's my story.

"Waist. Head," the tailor instructs. I hate dress fittings, I can't stand still for a long period of time. Daddy and I were in his room getting fitted. For what, I have no clue it's always something.

"Daddy can I go play now?" I beg starting to get off the fitting pedestal.
"Ah-ah," the tailor scolds stopping me from getting that far.

"You're almost done princess, remember I promised you a cupcake when your done." Daddy answers, I fold my arms and pout. This cupcake had better be good.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby!" Grandpa asks, entering the room with grandma. "He's turning sixteen, dear," grandma replies.

I smile,"grandpa! Grandma!" I squeal running up to them. Grandma picks me up and tickles my sides making me giggle.

"Hey, pops." Daddy greets, although I don't think grandpa heard him.
"Sixteen? That's far to young to be crowned King. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least forty-two." Grandpa says grandma looks at him slightly shocked.

"Uh you married me at twenty-eight." Grandma sets me down then I walk back over to daddy.

"Ah it was either you or the teapot." Grandpa says taking off his glasses then cleaning them with his handkerchief. Daddy chuckles, grandma does not look amused in the slightest. "Kidding," grandpa says sharing a look with daddy.

"Mom, dad-" daddy starts only to be stopped by the annoying tailor. "Ah! Nn-nnh!" He scolds. "I've chosen my first official proclamation." Daddy announces, I already know what is. He used me so he could practice telling grandma and grandpa, it's kind of a shocker.

"I've decided that the children on the Isles of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon." He finishes, grandma gasps dropping one of the dresses I'd tried on earlier, I hadn't even seen her pick it up.

"Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned." Daddy gestures to towards the window hopping of the pedestal. "The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" Grandpa asks, I can tell his anger is rising.

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most." Grandma nods her head in approval, she's Belle, she's kind of known for giving out second chances.

"I've already chosen them," daddy says proudly. "Have you?" Grandpa challenges, daddy's smile fades. I hug my daddy's leg, grandpa can be a little scary when he's mad.

Grandma stops him, "I gave you a second chance." Grandpa looks down at the floor. "Who are there parents?" She asks. "Cruella De Vil...Jafar...Evil Queen..." Daddy pauses looking a bit hesitant to continue. He straightens up before continuing, "and Maleficent." The tailor jumps at the mention of her name dropping his clipboard.

"Maleficent! She is the worst villain in the land!" Grandpa yells making me me flinch, I tighten my grip on daddy's leg. "Dad, just hear me out here," daddy pleads.

"I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes." Grandpa argues. "Dad their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?" Daddy contends. "Dad?" Daddy pleads, I whimper not liking the amount of arguing in the room.

Grandpa looks at me for a few minutes, thinking it over. "I suppose their children are innocent." Grandpa reasons, he turns and starts to leave only stopping to wait for grandma. "Well. Well done." Grandma states whilst fixing daddy's blazer. She turns to join grandpa, "shall we?" They link arms and exit the room.

"Hey, princess are you okay?" Daddy asks picking me up, he holds to his hip. I nod leaning my head on his shoulder. "I'm okay," I assure. Daddy walks over to his window while still holding me. The children of our sworn enemies, are going to be my next door neighbors? This is going to make the story a real page turner.