Chapter 6

Birds chirp in sweet harmony as they fly high up in the brilliant blue sky. I look up from my papers to catch a bluejay fly by the window. "If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D carve out it's heart?" I flinch at the sudden noise. I'd completely forgotten that I was hanging out in the Remedial Goodness 101 class. I don't have much else to do daddy and Doug are in class, along with the rest of the student body.

Evie raises her hand sure that she has the right answer. "Evie," FG points to the girl indicating that she had been selected. "What was the second one?" Evie asks. I shudder, does she really think that it's okay to lock a baby in a tower here in Auradon.

"Oh, okay. Anyone else?" FG asks politely. No one raises there hand, so FG just chooses someone. "Mal?" Mal looks up from whatever she's doing whilst twirling her hair.

"C, give it a bottle." She answers, I grin Mal is really good. "Correct. Again," FG smiles.

"You are on fire, girl!" Carlos says folding his arms over his chest while leaning back in his seat. "Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun." Mal explains, as if it's obvious. All of the other Vks mouth 'oh'. "That makes so much sense." Evie says.

I giggle finding it kinda funny that they just realized how easy it was to figure out the answer. Mal glares at me but there's a certain playfulness to it. I scrunch up my nose and stick my tongue out. Evie giggles drawing my attention away from Mal.

Mal goes back to working on whatever she's working on, figuring I'd lost interest in her. I stand up on my chair trying to get a better view of what she's doing. I gasp in front of Mal were a bunch of beautiful sketches. One of a castle, another of a rose, even one that sorta kinda looked like me.

"Wow that's pwetty Mal, your a weally good drawerer." I compliment, she just smiles. I hop off the chair then walk up next to her. "Hey what's that?" I ask inviting myself to sit on her lap. I can feel her tense up not knowing how to react.

The sketch she was working on looked so similar to FG's wand. Earlier this morning there had been rumors of someone breaking into the museum. But there was no evidence to back it up. Mal ignores my question and continues to draw.

Jane the shy and timid daughter of FG squeals as she passes by the Vk's desks. "Oh. Hello, dear one." FG greets in her natural kind tone.

"Hi. You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation." Jane says handing the clipboard, whilst nervously looking over her shoulder. Mal elbows Evie in the shoulder to get her attention.

"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?" FG asks signing the papers. "Mom, no!" Jane shushes obviously embarrassed. "It's okay. Jane, this is everyone." FG introduces pushing her daughter before the class.

"Hi," Jane greets nervously. I flash her an encouraging smile, but I don't think she notices. Nobody replies, "that's okay, don't mind me.As you were." She assures before rushing past and leaving the room.

"Ahem. Let's continue," FG says. "You find a vial of poison. Do you, A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple? Or C, turn it over to the proper authorities?"

Everyone's hands shoots up except for Mal's who's to busy drawing. "Oh! Ooh-- get off." Carlos says as Jay takes his hand down.

"Jay," FG calls. "C. You turn it over to the proper authorities." Jay answers smugly. "I was gonna say that." Carlos says whacking Jay in the arm. "But,I said it first." Jay teases, "come here!" He then takes Carlos around the neck and noogies him.

"Ow!" Carlos whines trying to fight back but ultimately failing. "Come on, who said it first? Who said it first?" Jay says wanting Carlos to submit.

"Boys." FG tries tapping her pointer against the podium. The guys don't hear her. "Boys," she tries again this time a little bit louder. Jay and Carlos stop mid fight.

"I am gonna encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field." FG says pointing toward the tourney field outside with her pointer. I perk up, I love tourney. My daddy is the team captain and I get to be second assistant coach whenever I go to practice. It's really fun bossing the boys around.

"Oh, no. That's okay whatever that is, we'll pass." Carlos says, he and Jay break it up. I slip off Mal's lap then walk over to Carlos and Jay's desk. "No your not, your gonna do it," I order. I'm not usually this demanding but these two would be great at it, or at least Jay would.

"I don't think so princess," Jay says. I frown, nobody calls me princess unless I say they can. "But you'll have fun cause it's weally fun and you get to push boys awound wifhout gettin' in trouble." I say, Jay smirks I know I've got him hooked.

"I don't know," Carlos says unsurely. Okay time to out the magic. "Pwease Carwos it'll be fun." I beg using my cutest voice and biggest puppy dog eyes. "Aww I can't say no to those eyes," Carlos coos. No one and I mean no one can resist my cuteness. "Yeah, it's gonna be so much fun," I squeal. Chad and Audrey are going to be so shocked when they see VKs dominating the Tourney field.