Chapter 4

Okay I just want to say that I think Audrey went way overboard with the Vk's arrival. A marching band, limo, and students waving welcome flags pretty much all the way up the driveway. I'm not even being welcomed and I feel overwhelmed. Though I must admit the marching band can carry a nice tune.

The limousine pulls up to the front of the school and comes to a halt. Two of the Vk's tumble out fighting over what appears to be a blanket as the driver opens the door for them. "Oh! Ah! Ow! Stop! You got everything else! Why do you want whatever this is?" A scrawny looking boy  demands frustratedly, he looks like something the dog dragged out.

"'Cause you want it!" Another boy clearly superior when it came to physical strength replies through gritted teeth. "No!" The scrawny white and black haired boy protests. "Give it to me," the brute demands stepping on the weaker boy's chest. "Let go!" He repeats trying to win the blanket.

The marching band opens up letting Fairy Godmother, Audrey, Daddy, and I through. "Guys, guys, guys!" A pretty girl with um...purple hair whispers frantically to the boys. The girl's hair sparks my curiosity. "We have an audience." Both boys pause mid fight, and look straight at us. The two girls as far as I can tell are much better behaved, they are at least trying to make a good impression.

The long haired brunette spits out a piece of candy then grins at Fairy Godmother. "Just cleaning up." He takes the other kid's hand and helps him off the pavement. "Get up," he mutters.

"Leave it like you found it!" FG sings grinning the whole time. "And by that, I mean just leave it." Everyone turns to the well built boy expectantly. He doesn't look at all happy as he tosses the stuff back into the limousine.

The boy's expression changes as he takes notice in Audrey. He confidently waltzes up to her. That boy about to get shot down, I think to myself smirking a tiny bit. "Hello, foxy. The name's Jay." He flashes her a charming smile crossing his arms over his chest. Audrey not wanting to come off as rude for once, laughs uncomfortably.

"Welcome to Auradon Prep." FG greets taking a step between Audrey and the flirt, his smile falters. "I'm Fairy Godmother, headmistress." She says taking a slight bow.

"The fairy godmother? As in, bibbidi-bobbidi-boo?" The purple haired teen chimes suddenly taking an interest in the conversation. "Bibbidi-bobbidi. You know it." FG answers with a big grin.

"Yeah, I always wondered what it felt like for Cinderella when you just appeared, out of nowhere, with that sparkly wand and warm smile. And the sparkly wand." She just said sparkly wand. I get a familiar tingle in chest telling me that she wasn't exactly telling the truth. But I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, so I brush it off.

"That was a long time ago. And as I always say, don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future." That might as well be FG's motto. Motto? What's a motto? Nothing, what's a motto with you? I laugh at the little joke I made in my head.

Daddy, Audrey and I step before FG, I'm hidden safely behind daddy's legs. "It's so good to finally meet you all. I'm Ben." Daddy greets clapping his hands together. "Prince Benjamin." Audrey corrects, "soon to be king." She's not doing a very good job of masking her excitement. I mimic her every word and move. Earning some laughs from the Vk's, I blush furiously immediately stopping. Audrey's corrected quite a few other new students.

"You had me at Prince," the blue haired female Vk says stepping forward. It's the first time I've heard her speak since they had arrived. "My mom's a queen, which makes me a princess." She greets doing a small curtsy, she seems really nice, a bit girly though.

"The Evil Queen has no royal status here and neither do you." Audrey corrects, I could see the girl's self confidence diminish a little bit. She takes a step back rejoining her friends.

"This is Audrey," Daddy says awkwardly, obviously not knowing any other way to introduce her. I could think of few words, but I won't say them because I'm not mean.

"Princess Audrey," she reminds him, taking his hand in her own. "His girlfriend. Right, Bennyboo?" I can't help but snicker at daddy's pet name, I don't know how he puts up with it.

"And this is Kailee." Daddy says changing the subject. He steps aside revealing my hiding spot behind his legs. "Hi," I greet shyly. The purple haired girl waves, flashing me a kind smile. It sort of eases my nerves. "Your weally pwetty are you pwincess like her?" I ask curiously, pointing towards blue haired girl. The blue haired teen grins, her confidence returning after I call her a princess. Some slight tension falls upon the group.

"Ben, Kailee, and Audrey a going to show you all around,  and I'll see you tomorrow." FG says taking daddy and Audrey's joined hands. "The doors of wisdom are never shut." She exclaims pushing Audrey and daddy's hands apart. I jump a little, taken back by her sudden burst of energy.

"But the library hours are from 8:00 to 11:00. And as you may have heard, I have a little thing about curfews." FG warns changing her tone to a more serious one. She turns to leave gesturing the marching band to follow. As they go the welcoming group of students starts to disperse leaving daddy, Audrey, and I alone with the Vks.