Chapter 3

I quietly race through the castle halls towards daddy's room the only sound coming from my feet thumping on the floor. I reach his room then open the door. I try to slow down my breathing making my way over to his bed. I climb up on to his bed then crawl over to his sleeping body.

"Psst Daddy," I whisper poking him in the cheek a few times. It doesn't work, I carefully sit down next to him. "Wake up. Wake up," I whine bouncing up and down making the bed shake.

He's still sleeping, okay now I'm frustrated. I get up and begin to jump up and down on the bed. "Daddy it's time to wake up!" Suddenly I feel something grab my ankle. I let out a small squeak, losing my balance and falling back on butt.

"Morning princess," daddy yawns pulling me close and hugging me to his chest. "Hi daddy," I smile trying to squirm out of his tight hug. "Guess what's happening today?" I ask deciding to give up on escaping.

"I don't know what?" He answers, getting up whilst still holding me in his arms. "Today the VK's are coming," I giggle. He flips me on to his bed gets up then disappears into his closet.

"Daddy?" I call, deciding now would be a good time to ask the question that had been plaguing my mind. "Yeah princess," he answers from the other side of his closet door.

"Um...do you think they'll be nice?" I ask nervously, while subconsciously twirling my qhair around my finger. I've had bad experiences with mean people, let's just say when Ben found me my life was the exact opposite of a fairytale.

Daddy comes out of the closet slipping on his signature blue blazer. He seemed to be in thinking my question over. Could the children of the most infamous villains in history be nice? "Kailee I think they deserve a chance to make their own choices and not be like their parents." Daddy answers fixing his hair in the mirror. I frown crossing my arms in front of my chest. That wasn't the exact answer I was looking for.

~~Time Skip~~

I hold daddy's hand as we make our way to the castle dining room. I nervously suck on my left hand's thumb, it's what daddy calls a bad habit, I do it whenever I get nervous, bored, or anxious. This mornings breakfast was sure to be filled with tension. I'm sure grandpa and grandma didn't want to talk about the arrival of the villain kids.

Two of the many castle servants open the doors for us welcoming us to breakfast. Daddy and I are polite and greet them back with pleasant hellos. Grandpa and grandma are already at the table, they have started eating yet because it would be considered rude to start when not everyone is present at the table.

I let go of daddy's hand then quietly take my seat next to his. My eyes widen at the sight of out breakfast. It's my most favorite thing for breakfast in the whole world, cheesy bacon and egg hash. First real food I ever had it's still one of my favorite dishes.

The tension in the room is so thick I don't even think excalibur could cut through it. It's times like this that make me miss the Auradon Prep dining hall. We only ever eat breakfast there when daddy's in a hurrying, or when they're serving jelly doughnuts. Most often we enjoy breakfast as a family, note that I said enjoy. Breakfast is certainly not enjoyable this morning. Daddy seems to be avoiding every chance at a possible conversation. I'm pretty sure grandma and I are the only ones willing to try this morning, but we both remain silent.

Breakfast couldn't have gone by any slower than it did. The only thing that made it bearable was the cheesy bacon and egg hash. I'm very willing though to push that behind me. What's happening today is just to important. The villain kids are coming to Auradon prep it's both exciting and a little nerve wracking.

Many students since the day my daddy announced his proclamation have tried in various ways to prevent them from arriving. Petitions, debates, and some even went as far as to make threats. Very few kids were excited about their arrival, and if they were they kept it to themselves. I on the other hand am very excited, the villain's arrival should totally bring some much needed action to this otherwise boring kingdom. Who likes a story without a little bit of action?