Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Scarlett's POV:

Another month has passed, and I must admit, I was missing Carter like crazy! But I can't just forgive him and forget this all happened.

I sighed as I stretched in my bed, walking over to the shower. Once I got out, I slid on my ripped jeans and a black crop top. I put my hair in a messy bun, and headed downstairs.

 I put my hair in a messy bun, and headed downstairs

I started my car and drove to school. Once I got there, I parked and headed inside. I walked past the boys, shooting them all a smile, as Carter did the same, I frowned and looked away.

I got to my first class just as the bell rang.

A lot has changed in these two months. Carter started dating Emily, and Tyler and I ended up dating. I guess Carter and I weren't meant to be.

Just as I was deep in thought, he came in and sat down next to me. I rolled my eyes at his attempt to make conversation.

"Scarlett, how many times do I have to apologize to get you to forgive me?" He said sincerely in a whisper.

"I told you Carter. It's over. Besides, you're with Emily now. And I'm with Tyler, so you can stop trying." I admitted, turning my focus back to the teacher.

----------------

Lunch came and I found my girls along with Tyler and sat with them.

"Hey guys." I fake smiled.

"Hey babe! What's wrong? Carter try to smooth talk his way back in again?" He asked seriously.

I sighed, "yeah, when is he gonna realize that I don't like him anymore? I'm with you now!" I said looking into his eyes, planting a kiss on his lips.

I was lying. I still liked Carter, loved him! I just couldn't show that.

-----------------

Carter's POV:

"Ty, tell Scarlett she has to come with us today. Bill's on the move." I commanded. He nodded and did as he was told.

"You guys, come with me." I said, directing them with my fingers to follow.

We headed into the lunch room and found an empty table. I turned around and saw Tyler wrap his arm around Scarlett's shoulder.

Fuck that should be me. I'M the one who's suppose to protect her.

I frowned. Before watching their conversation escalate.

She looked mad, I'm guessing Tyler told her the news. Then she crossed her arms, and turned away.

---------------

The end of the day came and we were all headed back to the warehouse.

Once I parked my range, I walked into the house, everyone following behind me.