Chapter 6

Kiara's P.O.V

I winced as pain shot in my head as I tried to move, "don't move, it will cause more pain" a deep voice said,  someone held my hand making sparks shoot all over my body. I instantly relaxed under his touch, I knew who it was it was Kaden, I slowly opened my eyes to see him standing near me while holding my hands with concern reflecting his eyes, "what happened?" I asked him in a low voice enjoying his presence near me.

"a rogue attacked you and you hit your head on the tree," another voice said, I turned and saw doctor pride, I closed my eyes and tried to remember, slowly everything flashed before my eyes, "LOGAN" I gasped and tried to get up as I remembered him. "he's fine," Kaden said gently pushing me back to bed.

I relaxed and turned towards my mate "thanks for saving me" I gave him a small smile, he sighed and rubbed my hand with his, "Alpha" I gave Alex a small bow when I saw him standing behind Kaden. "I'm glad you're okay Kiara, and I've to say you were really brave to attack a rogue out there" he smiled with a glint of pride reflecting in his eyes. "I have been trained at Jack's pack for self-defence, I had to protect myself in case of emergency" he nodded agreeing with me. "you tried to save your MATE" he smirks looking between me and my mate, my eyes widened and I quickly glanced at Kaden who was glaring at Alex.

"oh umm, I didn't know who it was, I just tried to help" I quickly said, as I didn't know that it was Kaden's Wolf "of course you didn't, Kaden never told anyone that you guys were mates" Alex glared back at Kaden.

"kiaraaaa" Logan came yelling to the room breaking the tension that was growing between the Alpha and his Beta, he jumped on my bed "you're fine" he hugged me tightly with his small arms, I smiled and took him into my lap "I'm a fine baby boy" I rubbed his back "how are you feeling Kiara?" Claire rubs my shoulder while looking at me with worry "I'm fine, just a little headache, I'll be okay by tomorrow" I smiled at her "well, you were hit pretty hard" we both laughed slightly.

"okay. Let's leave, I don't like staying in hospital beds" I chuckled and tried to get up with Logan still in my arms "no, you should take a rest" Kaden protested "Kaden, I'm fine and I'm a doctor, don't worry I can take care of myself" I assured him, he hesitated for few seconds but nodded anyway.

I smiled and got up keeping Logan down "come on, we can have some movie time" Claire held my hand and dragged me out to the packhouse with Logan.

Kaden's P.O.V
I watched as Claire dragged my mate with her, I sighed in relief knowing that she's fine now. Someone cleared throat snapping me out of my thoughts, "you never told me that she's your mate" Alex said in a disappointing voice "I needed some time Alex" I said and walked out of the room, he rushed beside me as we walked to his office. "time for what dude? She's your mate, you found your MATE" he said while moving his hands in the air. I rolled my eyes at him and dropped on the chair while looking at some files on his table "I knew, I knew from the day I first saw her" I said, he smirked "I had my doubts about it from the day she came here" he said.
"and how is that you knew?" I asked while flipping through some pack documents "the way you always look at her with some longing look in your eyes and today when she was hurt, your Wolf was pacing like he's ready to kill anyone you hurt her" he smiled at me "my Wolf is giving me hard time with her, I'm not able to control him whenever she's near" I whispered thinking about Zaymar "why are you pushing your the mate bond Kaden?" Alex asks confused "she's a human Alex" he snorts at the word human, "so what? I know that's not the real reason you're pushing her away" I sigh and look away from him "she will get hurt if someone got to know that the Beta's mate is a human, rogues will try to harm her, I don't want any other person to get hurt just like Lily" I explained my fears of losing someone close to my heart again.