Chapter 31

KIARA'S P.O.V

It's been two days and he's still in sleep, his wolf is in a healing state which is good, but we all are on edge. The fear of what will happen when he wakes up, Kaden is spending most of his time in training while Alex and Bella are busy with their baby issues, the others are busy with pack duties and also we are waiting for Demetra to make a move.
Aurora hasn't visited since that day, Gwen and Mom are trying to find out more about the hybrid's mate so that they can help me, I wish I had a solution but I'm afraid I'm not that strong to tell someone that his mate his dead and I'm not her.

"Kiara?" I snap out of my thoughts as Kaden joins me in bed, "what are you thinking about?" he wraps his arms around my shoulders, I lean against his chest snuggling closer to him "just thinking about everything" I sigh "I never thought my life would turn this way if a year ago someone told me this I would've laughed at them and I would never believe that I'll get a mate who loves me more than anything and this powers which doesn't make me human anymore. This is something beyond my wildest Imagination" He plants a kiss on my head and rubs my side.
"life has never been known to be a simple babe and whatever may happen to us, I'm glad that I have you as my mate" I smile at him and hold his face, bringing him closer to kiss him, he smirks and pushes me on the bed before crashing his lips to mine.

"I love you Kiara" I rub his cheeks as our foreheads are touching "I love you too Kaden" he smiles kissing my head and we stay there cuddling the whole night.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Kiara, he's awake" I rushed to the clinic as soon as Caroline mind linked me, Kaden was right behind me with Alex and Bella who refused to leave me alone with the hybrid.

I pushed the door open and saw that the bed was empty, I looked around and found him standing near the window watching the woods. "hey" I whispered slowly taking cautious steps towards him, he stiffened but didn't turn back "are you okay?" I still didn't know his name, I watched him quietly waiting for his reply, Kaden stepped beside me taking my hand in his, holding me close.

"don't worry, I know you're not her" he finally spoke "you may have some of her features but you're not her, no one can be her" his voice is raw, held with many emotions. I stepped forward, closer to him but stopped when he growled in warning "please miss, don't come near me. I know you're not here but your smell, it's like you have a part of her and it drives me crazy" he explained, "I'm sorry" he finally turned around and we gasped at the sight of his healed face, he was gorgeous, so beautiful that even the men were in a daze. "perks of being a hybrid I guess" he chuckled at our flushed faces and sat on his bed.

"I can see that you all have your questions, I may not answer some but I can answer as far as I can and also thank you for saving me from that witch" he smiled at us, Bella was the one who asked first "what happened to you before Demetra caught you?" he sighed at her question and turned to look outside the window.

"I'm the original hybrid, the only one of my kind and also non-existent for all of you. No one knew my existence, not even I knew who I was until I was 16. After the destruction of my pack, only a few escaped and I was always been told the horrors of the hybrid. Like everyone else I too believed that the destruction of our peace was because of hybrid.
At that time I didn't know who my father was, my mother was the alpha, so after her death, I took over and protected my pack of only 15 members, but as years passed many of them died due to the pain caused by the death of their loved ones.
In the end, only me and my friend Jason were alive, he was like my elder brother, on my 16 birthday, to our surprise I changed into my wolf but I had this strong hunger for blood. I knew something was wrong with me and even Jason had his suspicions. He refused to kill me and then we searched for a witch to confirm my identity. We travelled for 4 years and then I came across a witch with a secret coven. There I met my mate, she was a witch, beautiful and beyond words to describe her beauty. She accepted me the very instant and also convinced their mother witch to let us stay. 2 years passed we were happy, Jason found his mate within the coven and had two kids, for some reason we weren't able to have kids.

We didn't dare to visit other covens in afraid of exposing my identity, then a witch within the coven convinced my mate to try some black magic for our issue, everyone was opposed to that, but my mate was convinced to do as that witch Lily said.
By the time we knew what was happening, Lily killed my mate, rogues ambushed the coven, Jason and his mate died in the war. In a rage, I killed everyone in front of me, all rogues and Lily's witches. But I also lost my sanity. I remained in my hybrid form for years until Demetra captured me. And the rest of the story is as you know" we all stayed quiet as we listened to his story.

"what are you going to do now?"Kaden asks slowly "if you want you can stay in our pack" Alex replies to our surprise as keeping a hybrid in the pack may cause trouble for the pack's safety.
"no I'm sorry Alpha, but I'm not staying here and I'm not going to your council too" he stood up "I'm going to search for all the half-blood, I heard from Demetra that there are people who are half-bloods and are been hunted by a Rogue pack and she was going to sell me to him for alliance in war. So I'm going to hunt that pack and free those half-bloods and I'm planning to protect them and adopt them as my family or pack, whatever they want. I'll be leaving tomorrow Alpha" He turned to Alex and bows down to him asking for permission.

"it would be selfish of me to stop you, and please don't bow down to me. An Alpha shouldn't bow down to other Alpha unless they committed a crime. You're a respectful person Alpha, you can leave whenever you want until then you're our guest, Kaden will help you gather the maps and required equipment for your hunt. You can ask my mate and Kiara for anything, they manage our witches in the pack. Please rest now, later Jeremy will show you to your room" with that being said we all left him to rest.

"Miss Kiara, if you don't mind. Can we have a chat later?" he looks at Kaden who nods smiling in response "I'll be in the garden, you can meet me later" I smile at him and leave with Kaden.

"didn't expect you would agree for that" I smirked at Kaden, he chuckles and kisses my head "I don't find him threatening anymore and also I know that my mate is strong enough to hurt him" I laugh at him and we both walk back to packhouse hand in hand and smiles on our faces after a long time.