Chapter 32

Kiara's P.O.V

"It would have been good if you stayed with us, but I understand your concerns regarding the half-bloods, I hope you'll save them and them the home they deserve" Alex smiles at the hybrid, whose name I got to know as Lucian, he said he's not going to reveal his real name to others, yet he trusts me with his name and I don't know why. "thank you, Alpha Alex, and also thank you for the car and the weapons, sorry I'm not staying behind and helping you but trust me you've got all the help you need in war with you. I promise to return one day when my pack is strong enough for this world and join an alliance with you" Lucian says before turning towards me "remember your promise and our deal Miss Kiara and please stay safe" he kisses my hand and bows before turning to others and saying goodbye. 

"what promise?" Kaden whispers as Lucian gets into the car, he learned driving while he stayed for a week in our pack and trained along with others to regain his strength. "a promise between him and me regarding my safety" I smirked at my curious mate who rolled his eyes and kissed my head "well as long as you're safe, that's all I need" I smiled hugging him.

***********************************************************************************************

The next day

"Alpha Alex, Alpha Jack we found something near the north border" A patrol wolf runs inside while panting heavily to catch his breath. "what is it?" Alex asks him carefully while Jack gets ready with his gun, "It's a huge box, we didn't open it in fear of unknown danger, it's reeking of blood Alpha" Alex sighs and nods at Jack "I'll stay here Alex, you go ahead with Kiara and Kaden" I smile at my brother and leave along with Alex and my mate" 

as we approached the border the smell of the blood increased making it difficult for us to breathe, "god what hell she threw at us now" Colton groaned, making me wince at the possibilities of things that could be inside the box. 

"where is it?" Alex asks as we reached the border, the patrol cleared the way for us, there near a tree we saw a box but what surprised me more was the ground around it, the tree was dead, the plants and everything around it are dead "whatever is inside that box, is not something normal, let me call mom and Gwen" I said walking towards it "clear this area and don't let anyone come near it, keep children away from this border" Alex ordered the patrol who nodded and dispersed. 

"what do you think it is Kiara?" Alex approached me while Kaden sighed reading my mind "should we call Caroline?" Kaden says quietly, "Caroline? you mean this might be?" Alex turns to me for confirmation "I'm not sure, first, let mom and Gwen come here and they might give us the confirmation we need" both men nodded while I stood near the box.

***********************************************************************************************

"Kiara" I turned around to see Mom and Gwen rushing towards us "is this it?" Gwen whispered touching the Box, "let's open it" Mom slowly started to unlock the box, the smell of death hit us hard as blood started to flow out of the box.
"what the hell!" Kaden and the others groaned at the sight.

When we opened the box it left us confused, the box is filled with blood "we need to drain it, there's something inside" Gwen said as she kept her hand inside making me uncomfortable "are you sure?" Kaden asked sensing my feelings "yes, help me tilt the box" Alex, Colton helped Gwen while Kaden held me tight "Mason mind linked me, Caroline sensed something and is coming this way" I sighed and nodded, that girl struggled all her life to see her mother but in the end, she's going to see hed but not as she expected.
The blood started to flow out fast as the box is leaned on the tree, slowly we saw the body of Maria, I turned my head and buried myself in Kaden's arms not able to see the state she's in. Her face alone has many scars, I don't think I'll be able to see what all torture she went through, tears rolled down my face as I let out a cry imagining what Caroline will go through after she sees her mother's body.

"Mother" we turned around as we heard Caroline's cry, she ran as fast as she could barefooted with her mate running behind her with concern. she didn't stop even when her feet were bleeding "mother" tears ran down her face as she approached us.

We all stepped back giving her space to be with her mom, Mason held her as she cried kneeling in front of her mother. Slowly everyone assembled at the scene, Bella gasped and moved back as the smell hit her hard, Alex nodded at us and took Bella away.

Gwen stepped forward "Caroline we shouldn't delay it anymore, let's give her the rest she deserves" Care nods and wipes her tears.
Mason helps her to stand, some warriors and Kaden get the box and follow us as we walk towards the packhouse. At the packhouse, Jack and Alex arranged the funeral with the help of Bella.
"let's start Caroline" Mom motions the men to lower the box, Caroline smiles sadly at her mom as she caresses her bruised face.
Soon all the witches stood around Maria's body and started chanting spells, Caroline stood inside the circle holding her mom's hand.

After the spell ended Caroline smiled for the time before she fainted, Mason rushed to her and took her in his arms "today has been hard for her, please take her to rest. We will look after the other things for burial" Gwen rubbed Caroline's head and nodded at Mason to leave.

After he left Aurora and Brenda turned to us "I think the time is near, it's tomorrow or the day after" Brenda whispered, "yes Demetra consumed the very last of Maria's magic and by throwing her body away to us she's trying to make us weak. She knows that Maria is important to both Brenda and Caroline, she also knows that this incident will make disturb us" Aurora explained. "We need to get ready Alpha Jack and Alpha Alex, she might be looking for a chance to hit us when we are least expecting," Mom says as she looks at the sky.

Everyone nods as silence take over around us, everyone's mind is filled with rage and fear, rage for the enemy and fear for the outcome of the war.

We all know that we might lose more people tomorrow and we also know that each one of us is ready to die just to save the other.

The war for which we have been waiting all this long is not far anymore and my destiny to be fulfilled is upon us.
I just hope I'll be able to save everyone before my so-called mother kills them too.

Demetra, you've caused us so much pain, but you've also made us strong.
Strong enough to kill you.
I'm waiting for you Mother

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

"When are we going to strike Mistress?" The Rogue leader asks Demetra who stands at the edge of the lake "soon" she whispers sadly "I shall get our men prepared then" she nods at him and waves him to leave her alone.

'I'm sorry my dear friend, but your magic is my strength and their sorrows are my power. I'll overcome my death and win the powers of the elements. After that, I'll resurrect you back to life. Then we both will rule this world just like I always said. Side by Side we bring Hell'

Demetra smiles as she drinks the last of Maria's remained blood.