Chapter #5

~•3rd POV•~
Percy had been learning at the Japanese Temple for 2 years, when he finally was able to graduate. Those 2 years seemed like an eternity for him. Everyday he would go to the temple and meditate with the rest of his class. The meditations started out as a way to clear your mind, then evolved to turning off parts of his brain.

At the end of the 2 years he was able to achieve a death trance, not unlike Nico's when he was held captive in Rome. The death trance was achieved when you turn off all the parts of your brain that you don't need, but still keep your senses on. It allowed you to be in a sleep like state, but still be able to tell everything going on around you. It also took less air consumption than sleeping, making it great if you have a low amount of air.

After he mastered the death trance he stopped sleeping. It was more convenient than sleeping, it allowed you to be alert, and rejuvenate yourself at the same time. It was also good practice for if he is ever captured and put into a prison with limited air supplies.

While he was training he also achieved almost complete control over his mind. He could stimulate specific parts of his brain to do many things like increase his senses, recall events perfectly, and think faster. (Look it up, its a real thing.) He could also do more things to his body like, control his heart rate, increase and decrease his internal and external temperature (Better than before), and his personal favorite, get rid of itches by thinking.

At the temple he is one of the most skilled students in its history. He learned quickly, compared to everyone else, and was able to finish in 2 years, rather than the normal 8 years. He was also able to complete the few combat classes they offered faster than anyone else in the history of the school. He mastered all of their hand to hand classes, sword classes, throwing knife/star classes, pressure-point combat classes, and stealth combat classes.

After his first year he mastered his stealth combat classes, and earned the Assassin Medal of Honor. The Assassin Medal of Honor is awarded to those who can sneak up on, and get the Head Monk into a death position. The Head Monk is the owner of the temple and has mastered all Japanese styles of combat, and is considered almost invincible. It took Percy 7 tries to get the Assassin Medal of Honor.

During the graduation he was offered a position as a teacher for combat classes, but he declined saying it was time he moved on.

He decided to go to Australia to take extreme survival classes. He had learned all combat styles he could think of, and he was still lacking in his survival skills.

He went back to his camp. It still had the dome of water protecting it. He could keep it going without even thinking about it at this point. For the first few weeks he had a lot of trouble, and came back to a wet and bug infested camp more than once. At the end of his first year he didn't need to think about it, and by the time he came back after graduation he could subconsciously manipulate it for his needs.

He packed up all of his stuff and snow traveled to Sydney, Australia. He went to a nearby park and sat down on a bench. He pulled out his laptop, and started searching for a survival training course he could go to. After an hour of searching he finally found a suitable survival coarse. It was a year in the Australian wild, so he wouldn't have to look for a national park to stay at. It was also led by a native Australian, so he would know his way around the area. Lastly it was meant to be for experts looking to increase their knowledge a challenge, Percy wasn't an expert by any means, but he could make due, and he wanted something challenging.

The class started in 2 months, so he had some free time to go sight seeing. He decided to go talk to some fish in the ocean, check up on how Camp Half-Blood was doing.

Once he made it to the ocean he dove strait into the water and used the water around him to propel himself at speeds that would have crushed anyone else. He had to mask his aura, so Poseidon wouldn't notice him. It's not like he didn't want to see his dad, it was just that he wasn't ready. His dad would be too big of a reminder of his old life, and he would probably try to convince Percy to come back to America. He couldn't go back yet, he would be there if the gods needed him, but otherwise he still needed some time away.