Chapter 12.

Pulling closer Zayn's brown leather jacket to my body, after washing and cleaning myself up with the lake water, Zayn and I make our way back to our camping area. I glance at him from the corner of my eyes as I notice him slightly shiver due to the cold breeze since he is walking with his upper body bare.

"You know you can keep the jacket?" I say for the fifth time since I had his jacket on me. I begin to take it off, but he stops me by glaring at me in response.

"Okay, okay, stop glaring at me. I said that because I noticed you shivering..." I trail off, again pulling the sleeves of the jacket down and crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm fine, I'll wear something once we reach our tent." He says and I nod, continuing to walk.

The whole walk back to the camping; area neither one of us said anything to each other, but maintained a silence which was not at all awkward. It was somehow peaceful and calming to walk beside someone, in this beautiful envioronment, hearing only the chirping of the birds and the rustling of the leaves.

As soon as we reach our tent, someone grabs my hand, harshly turning me over to face them. At first I thought it would be Harrison, but it was not him, but Amber.

Zayn turns around once he notices that I have stopped walking and looks at Amber.

"Hey, Zayn!" She smiles at him, still holding my wrist tightly. He smiles at her and greets her before she speaks up.

"Um, Maire I'm afraid that we have to leave early. We can't stay here any longer. Mum called and she is very sick, I'm really worried for her. I can't find Tyler, and I don't want to waste anymore time so we have to leave now, he'll come later." Amber speaks up quickly, taking a deep breath afterwards making me look at her with a frown.

"So you guys are leaving?" I hear Zayn say, as I tilt my head to the side to look at him.

"Yes." Amber says.

"How will you guys go?" Zayn asks.

"Mum sent a car for us, and the driver is here already." She explains him and I sigh, nodding my head, so does Zayn.

"I'll get my things, just wait for me." I say, and she mumbles an 'okay' before I enter the tent and gather my things, carrying my bag outside to find Amber flirting with Zayn.

Can't she quit the flirting for some time? Her mother is sick at home and all she has to do is flirt with Zayn.

I clear my throat awkwardly once approaching them because they seem to not notice my presence over there.

"I'll see you later, Zayn. Bye." Amber smiles at him, stepping forward and placing both of her hands on Zayn's shoulders as she leans in to kiss Zayn on his lips, but then kisses on his cheek instead.

I slightly roll my eyes at the sight in front of me, not knowing the reason of my actions as I finally look up at Zayn and meet his gaze.

"Your clothe-"

"Keep them," he says, softly.

"I will return them to you in schoo-"

"I said, keep them, Maire." He says softly yet in a demanding tone, when I hear Amber's voice interupting us.

"Can we go already, Maire?" She asks and I nod, lifting up my bag to my shoulder as I glance at Zayn for the last time before walking away with Amber next to me.

The whole ride back to home goes in silence, because Amber had her earphones on, and she was busy listening to her songs and humming them occassionaly. Even if she didn't have them on, she wouldn't have conversed with me.