Chapter 14.

Maire's P.O.V:

I nibble on my fingers in anxiety, as my eyes continuously keep darting back to the door of the hospital room and the wall clock which has striked nine PM. I don't know if he will return or not. I don't know what he might have done to Amber.

What if he gets in trouble?

What if Amber gets in trouble?

What would Amber do if she gets to know that I told Zayn about what she did to me?

All these "If's" are making me crazy and sick.

I wish I have rather stayed quite than word vomiting in front of Zayn.

The various thoughts running in my mind of different possibilities get interrupted when I hear a knock on the door of my room. I yell for the person to come in, when the door opens and a familiar figure steps in.

My eyes widen and my breathing becomes fast as soon as I see him, making me jump from the bed but he stops me by putting his hands on either side of the bed, trapping me.

He motions me again to lie down but I shake my head and look at him in anticipation. My legs are hanging of the bed and touching his front as he stands in front of me.

"Please tell me you didn't hurt her..." I say, when I lift my head to look into Zayn's eyes who is looking everywhere but at me.

I wait eagerly for his reply but nothing comes out of his mouth as silence surrounds us, making me anxious by each second.

"I wanted to rip her apart!" He grits his teeth making my eyes widen. I notice as he pulls the white bed sheets in his hands, his grip tightening on either sides of me. He tigthly purses his lips together, breathing heavily through his nose. His anger makes me worried and I slowly reach out for his right hand which is griping onto the bedsheets, and slowly caress it.

"Zayn tell me you didn't do anything to her." I slowly speak , trying to make eye contact with him but he looks at something past my shoulder continuously.

He again becomes quiet, And his grip tightens more on the sheets, causing his veins to pop out, but I continue stroking it slowly. After some time his grip loosens and I trace patterns on the back of his hand trying to relax him.

His stif posture somehow loosen as his breathing becomes slowly normal. I one by one pull his fingers, glancing at his face to see his expressions, his eyebrows are knitted together, his lips still pursed and his eyes still fixed on that spot behind me. Finally releasing his hand from the tight grip, I take it into mine and lock our fingers together, nervously. He slowly wraps his fingers around mine and finally looks at me.

"I warned her." He speaks, our gazes and fingers locked with each other.

"But you didn't hurt her right?" I ask in a slow voice and he gives out a loud groan before shaking his head.

I sigh and close my eyes for a second in relief.

"But if she or anyone else does anything to you next time, I won't leave them." His left hand reaches my face as he places it on my cheeks caressing it occasionally with his thumb. The cold metal of his ring slightly makes me flinch when it comes in contact with my face, causing his lips to twitch upwards and finally a chuckle comes out of his lips, making me tear our locked gazes and look down.

"It's not my fault, your ring is cold." I say not looking up at him and hear another chuckle come out of his mouth. Suddenly I feel his lips on my forehead, staying there for a few seconds. The hair on the back of neck rise at the contact. His lips on my forehead, our hands locked with each other and his thumb caressing my cheek.