Chapter 3

Monday 8PM

Landon's POV 

This girl just walked away with my rings. I tried to walk after her but I was pushed back to my orginal spot by Kevin. He was forcing me back. 

"What the hell?" I asked, "She's getting away!" 

I tried to walk to her again but he pushed me back, "Seriously, Kev. Let me go. I need to get my rings back." 

"Dude, just calm down alright. She's not running away. Alex is talking to her, she'll be back and we'll get all this sorted out. Just chill, okay?" he said seriously.

I took a couple of deep breaths before I stood there silently staring at that girl in the purple dress. I really hoped she would come to her senses and give me my rings back. They aren't meant for her. The only girl I wanted to give those to was Charlotte. I bought those especially for her and now I'm pretty sure she wouldn't take them knowing I let some other girl have them. Not only did this other girl have my rings but she and I were married. This situation is seriously fucked up. How the hell am I suppose to expain this to Charlotte? 

"You calm?" Kevin asked looking at me expectedly. 

I nodded. 

"Good. Now please, remember you're doing this for me. For tonight, just forget about the rings, the marriage. I need you to be my wingman and get along with Kat. I might not ever get a chance with Alex again. I'm begging you." he said desperately. 

I swallowed hard. Shit, I was being a shitty best mate. I totally forgot what I was here for. I was suppose to be here for him. I needed to calm the fuck down and think rationally. I needed to sort this out, but I can do it tomorrow. I have to get along with this Kat girl. I needed to do it for my best mate. 

I sighed, "Okay. I'll leave this until tomorrow. I'll try my best to get along with her." 

"Thanks," he smiled gratefully. 

I waited for the girls to come back. I could see Alex trying to calm Kat down. She was whispering something to her as they walked back to us. Once they stopped in front of us, Alex smiled apologetically and Kat just stood there looking bored. She looked everywhere but at me. She was really dreading spending tonight with me, I could tell. Wow, that's never happened to me before. I've never had a girl look so desperate to get away from me.

It was silent for a while until Alex cleared her throat and gently tugged on Kat's arm. 

Kat rolled her hazel eyes and forced a strained smile. "Sorry," she said through clenched teeth. 

I nodded accepting her half assed apology. Then Kevin elbowed me hard in the ribs. I glared at him and he nodded towards Kat hinting for me to apologize too. I sighed loudly, "Sorry too." Though, I'm really not, but I'll just keep that to myself. 

Alex smiled and chirped, "Okay cool! Now that everyone's good, let's get going." 

Alex and Kevin immediately linked together leaving Kat and I behind. I heard her groan. She really wasn't enjoying this. We walked a few feet behind the loved up couple in front of us. Both of us avoiding each other. She stayed a few feet away from me looking like she was dragging her feet. We let Alex and Kevin talk while we just walked in silence. I didn't really like silence, especially strained and painful silence like this one. But I was okay with it. It was better we didn't talk then talk and start fighting again. I needed to get along with her but that didn't mean we had to talk. 

When we got to Shaboo, a Japanese restaurant in Aria, we were seated towards the middle of the restaurant. Kevin pulled out Alex's chair being a gentleman and I took my seat knowing that I wasn't trying to impress Kat. I'm guessing she was expecting me to pull out her chair because she stood by her chair for a couple of seconds until she realized I wasn't going to pull it out for her. Why would I? I thought we were ignoring each other? If I was going to ignore her, I was going to completely ignore her. Because if I did pull out her chair she'd probably say something about he pulling it out wrong. She seems like the kind of girl to do that.