Chapter 10

Wednesday 2AM 

Landon's POV

Never ever did I think I would enjoy giving a woman a lap dance. Now, now, don't judge me. I'm not some sort of weirdo creep with a messed up past. It's not that kind of situation where I didn't grow up without a dad or a mom and now I'm looking for love through stripping. It's not that kind of thing. I just enjoyed it, well because of the reactions I was getting. Not only was a crowd of people cheering me on, but a whole bachelorette party. Women were whooping and clapping along to the beat of the song while I danced. I was even getting cat calls. And the bride to be was too adorable. I don't use that word often but this woman was just it. She was shy and hesitant when it came to touching me through my clothes so I helped her out a bit. She laughed and blushed. It was too cute.

As for my best mate, he was back at the bar laughing his ass off along with his girlfriend, Alex. At first, I dreaded having to give Patty a lap dance but once I got into it, I was having fun. And I'm not going to lie, I liked the attention. Once the lap dance was done I felt uplifted. I was having such a bad day, but it all got better after that dance. I finally finished my last pelvic thrust when Patty leaned in to thank me and give me a friendly hug. I wished her all the happiness and joy with her marriage and she told me, "Kat must be some girl for you to agree to give me a lap dance." I didn't say anything I didn't know what to say so she added, "You two would make a gorgeous couple."

I felt my face contort into an expression that was confused mixed in with amused and said, "What makes you say that?"

She smiled sweetly and said, "I just have a sense about these kinds of things."

I laughed, "She and I aren't exactly the best of friends."

She looked over at Kat as I did the same and said, "I wouldn't be too sure about that. That smile says a lot about your relationship."

Now I was really confused. Relationship? Kat and I didn't have a relationship. Maybe a hate hate relationship. "Uh, relationship?" I asked confused.

She smiled, ignored my question and said, "Thanks for the dance, Landon. Good luck with you and Kat."

I gave her one last nod and turned my gaze to Kat. She stood by our friends smiling happily as she wrinkled her nose at me. And if I didn't know any better, I'd think she was giving me a real genuine smile. Strangely enough, it made me feel something. But I don't know what.

Kevin gave me a pat on the back and joked, "Sexy dance."

Alex added teasingly, "I've got a couple one's, is that enough for a dance?"

I smiled, "I'm afraid not, Alex. But maybe you can get a free one from Kevin tonight."

She looked at Kevin's all too eager face and blushed. Yup, these two are going bang tonight. Good for them.

I finally turned to the mastermind behind the whole dance and said, "And you! How the hell did you come up with that?"