Chapter 4

Landon's POV

"Landon what are you doing here?" Charlotte asked with her awesome crystal blue eyes widening. I couldn't help but notice how hot she looked tonight. The way that gold dress clung to her every curve made my mouth water. I just wished I could be that piece of fabric so I could be that close to her and feel her soft skin on mine again. And damn, the dress was short. I'm pretty sure she'd be giving everyone a full view of her underwear if she bent down just an inch. What kind of underwear is she wearing? Maybe that black lacey bra and panty set I loved so much or since the dress was skin tight maybe she wore her silk bra and thong set? I thought. But I immediately mentally slapped myself for letting my mind wander about her like that. It definitely wasn't helping with the situation. 

She just stared at me uncomfortably. I couldn't speak. She had ended things with me less than two weeks ago. She told me she fell out of love with me. She said that there was someone else. I didn't even see it coming. When someone you love stops loving you how in the world are you suppose to tell? I didn't see any of the signs... were there even signs? I still didn't understand it. It's like it came out of nowhere. We were happy... we didn't fight as often as we usually did and we just seemed better than ever. Then all of a sudden she tells me we need to talk and the next thing I knew I fould myself single. I didn't know what just happened. It was just out of the blue. I didn't chase after her, I didn't beg her to reconsider and stay with me, I didn't do anything. I let her walk out because I thought it was just one of those times where we took a break and got back together. I didn't think it was for good. 

I still remember when I told her for the first time that I loved her. She's the only girl I've ever said it to and she's the only girl I'll ever say it to. When I told her I loved her, her eyes softened into a loving gaze and she said it right back, she didn't even hesistate. The way she looked at me at that moment remained that way until she broke up with me. If she still looked at me that way, she couldn't possibly not love me anymore, right? I know she still loves me, she's just confused. We've broken up before and have gotten back together, this time wouldn't be any different. I knew we were going to get back together, it was just a matter of time. I just had to remind her why she and I belonged together. 

When I didn't answer, she shook her head blinking a couple of times and asked, "Did you follow me here?" 

"Kind of." I said nervously 

"How'd you know I was here?" she asked with a worried look on her pretty face. I didn't like it when she looked at me like that. I never wanted her to worry. 

I smiled sheepishly at her, "Your sister told me." 

She cursed under her breath and looked up into my eyes, "You shouldn't be here, Landon." 

Desperate, I grabbed a hold of her hand and said, "Charlotte, can we just talk it out? Like we use to? We always managed to work things out eventually. I'm just asking we talk." 

She looked at me long and hard. I felt her eyes searching mine looking desperate and sad, "I'm sorry, Landon. It's not going to work this time." 

My heart hurt. I've never felt a pain like this. I was actually scared of what my life would be like without her. I've spent two years of my life invested in her, in our relationship. And the thing that made my heart hurt most was the look in her eyes. For the first time she looked like she meant it. 

"Please" I begged her, "Char, please." 

She pulled her hand away from my grasp and backed away slowly, "I'm sorry." 

I got up from my stool. I wasn't going to let her go. I couldn't. I held her hand again but this time her left hand and pleaded, "Char, come on, please?" Then I felt something between my thumb and middle finger. I felt rings. I looked down at her hand and sure enough there were two shiny expensive looking rings around her thin ring finger. I knew what this meant but I couldn't bring myself to believe it. She couldn't have married another man so quickly. She wouldn't ...