Chapter 8

Tuesday 11AM

Landon's POV

Three hours of uninterruppted sleep was just pure bliss after the two hours of constantly waking up to stupid Kat. No, I'm not angry or cranky anymore. Well, not as cranky as before but just thinking about how she just wouldn't let me get my sleep gets heated. But I'm okay now. I'm just hungry now. Thankfully, Kevin suggested brunch. I was all too excited before he mentioned Alex and Kat tagging along. I didn't mind Alex coming along but the thought of seeing Kat again just didn't sit well with me. Sure I enjoyed teasing and annoying her but sometimes she would just irritate the hell out of me. And it was always on purpose. 

Once Kevin and I were ready, we left the suite to go to the pool downstairs. The girls were suppose to meet us at 11. On the elevator ride downstairs, I checked my iphone for new messages. I had a couple e-mails from work and a couple from friends back home but none from Charlotte. I never felt the urge to text her so badly like I have for the past couple of days. Once I realized she was definitely serious about breaking up with me, I knew I had to get her back. She was my Charlotte. I love her and she's the only woman I've ever loved. Knowing that she already found someone else to replace me killed me. I needed her back. After seeing her with her new boyfriend last night, I found time to text her on the cab ride back to Aria. I knew it was late and she was probably sleeping but I had to get in contact with her somehow. But she obviously didn't want to have anything to do with me. 

I kept staring at my phone willing it to vibrate and show a new text from Charlotte but nothing happened. 

"Any news from back home?" Kevin asks pointedly. He knows what I'm doing. I've been constantly checking my phone since I woke up this morning. I'm just glad he didn't straight up call me out for being so pathetic.

I shook my head. 

He smiled sadly at me and turned his head to the elevator doors once they opened. He didn't say anything else. Walking towards the pool area, I easily spotted Kat. She was wearing a pair of short daisy duke shorts and a loose white shirt. She looked so casual yet I couldn't help but find her sexy. How could someone so annoying be so cute and hot at the same time. I seriously didn't get it. 

She was sitting at a small table with four seats around covered by a huge umbrella talking to Alex. Whenever she said something, her hands would make some sort of gesture. Animated. That's what she was, she was animated in everything she did and said. For such a tiny person, she had enough personality for a whole crowd. 

I didn't even notice we were right in front of the girls until Kevin snapped his fingers in front of my face. I blinked and saw my best mate embracing the very beautiful Alex. Once he caught my attention he raised his eyebrows asking if I was okay and I nodded. He turned his attention back to his I'm assuming girlfriend now and got lost in their own little world leaving me to deal with Kat. To my surprise she wasn't even looking at me. She sat comfortably in the lounge chair and fiddled with her phone. She was probably texting her boyfriend. The one that called so very early in the morning.

"Why are you staring at me?" Kat snapped looking over the frames of her sunglasses.

"Staring? You need to get out of the sun. You're getting delusional, Kit Kat." 

She rolled her eyes like she always does and sighs, "Whatever". She set her phone on the table and began, "So since my brother's a lawyer, I asked about this whole annulment thing. And he said that it should be fairly easy to get one because apparently, tons of people make the horrible mistake of marrying strangers in Vegas."

"Horrible mistake? That's an understatment." I mumbled.

She didn't miss a beat, "What's that suppose to mean?" she snapped at me.