Long Drive

To make up for the long wait (because of exams folks, sorry but they're done alhamdullilah!), here's an extra long chapter!! Also, I am making a last minute trip for a family wedding so there may be a lack of updates till the new year, depending on whether or not I have time to write. So if there aren't updates for a bit, please bear with me!

Thanks for the amazing messages, you guys are amazing xx

Song to listen to for the chapter, especially the end ;) Nazeeha's dress posted somewhere.

** continues right from last chapter **

"Yeah hey, nice to see you again," I smiled at Saira. She gave me a half-ass smile too and then turned to Ali.

"Hi Ali. Great to see you again," her smile was a lot more smile-y this time. Alright.

"Yeah, hi," he seemed as if he was confused.

"So breakfast?" Aamir broke the almost awkward vibe in the room and dragged his wife and sister-in-law in the direction of kitchen.

"Everything okay?" I nudged Ali. He nodded slowly, a smile spreading across his face. It took a second, a second he spent just staring at me till he said, "yeah, everything's good."

"Okay." Weirdo. "Breakfast?"

He was back to normal at the mention of food and pushed me with him in the direction of the kitchen too.

After breakfast we all got to work. The party was being in held in one of their hotels' ballrooms. I went with Zinat bhabhi and we spent they day getting the staff to set up. For lunch I got to dine in their five star restaurant, and I got to try chicken cordon blue for the first time. Rich people things.

Aisha bhabhi and Navsheen joined us after lunch and the four of us got the party details and set up all sorted.

We finished up our easy but still busy day of work right at dinner time. "Do you guys want to go home and eat or go out somewhere?"

"Let's go get KFC. It's been forever since I've had some," Navsheen suggested.

"You okay with more chicken?" Zinat bhabhi asked me.

"I'm always okay with fried chicken," I grinned.

We drove to the closest KFC and ordered more food than was needed for four ladies. Zinat bhabhi was in the midst of wedding planning season and so her stories of bride-zillas and missing grooms kept us more than entertained.

"So newly weds, how's it going?" Aisha bhabhi asked Navsheen and I.

I wasn't one for spilling too much tea and I could feel Nav's excitement so I let her go first.

"You have much more to talk about, spill babe," I teased.

"Oh my God guys, why didn't I get married earlier? He's so perfect," she squealed. I watched in pure happiness as my best friend gushed about her adorable, amazing, hot and happening husband. Her words of course.

People often judged girls like us for getting married too young, for getting tied down before we learn to live on our own. But listening to her talk reinforced my belief that we were doing the right thing for ourselves.

She was happy and in love, she was getting her degree, she was enjoying life as it came. What more could we ask of God.

"I miss being home though, even if home is only an hour away. These new hotel projects has everyone all over the world. Good thing we had this excuse to come back," she sighed.